• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carmel Indiana defense case

eye95

Best of luck to you. It sounded like you acted reasonably--apart from giving too much information to the inexperienced officer.

Perhaps you should have said that you fired to stop the attack, but didn't hit the dog. Missing everything on the planet but the Earth itself is not a crime if the shoot is otherwise lawful. The one piece of information you gave that was too much was that you intended to miss the dog!

Don't talk to the cops!

Wait. I shouldn't be talking to you.

Never mind.

Claytron

interesting read... seems as if he really shouldnt have been going after the dogs, in my opinion. If the dogs come at you and you need to fire your gun thats one thing, but chasing them around your neighborhood and putting yourself in the position to get hurt, then actually getting hurt doesnt seem like a good enough reason to claim you shouldnt be charged for discharging a firearm.

Mirge

Best of luck to you. It sounded like you acted reasonably--apart from giving too much information to the inexperienced officer.

Perhaps you should have said that you fired to stop the attack, but didn't hit the dog. Missing everything on the planet but the Earth itself is not a crime if the shoot is otherwise lawful. The one piece of information you gave that was too much was that you intended to miss the dog!

Don't talk to the cops!

Wait. I shouldn't be talking to you.

Never mind.

LOL, hilarious (last bit there)

I agree. I think you did what was morally right, and should face no legal ramifications.