• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC, OC Free For Six Months...

XD40sc

I really hope that your last thoughts are not "gee, I wish I had my gun with me", or that your child's last thought isn't "mommy, stop this man from hurting me".

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

I really hope that your last thoughts are not "gee, I wish I had my gun with me", or that your child's last thought isn't "mommy, stop this man from hurting me".

*YAWN*, that old chestnut.

Give it a break. A sidearm is not omnipotent.

Let me get this straight, you prefer to blame the lack of firearm for the extent of violence perpetrated against an individual, just as the anti's like to blame the presence of a firearm for the extent of violence? Paaalease. There's no definitive argument that could be made that a person would have a 'better' fighting chance during an attack if armed with a handgun than armed with, for example, a taser.

If you don't mind, lay off the mental masturbation of a woman being attacked, and her children being hurt because the mother isn't armed with a .44 magnum.

Okay, now I mean it this time: ADIOS.

NoTolerance

Let me get this straight, you prefer to blame the lack of firearm for the extent of violence perpetrated against an individual, just as the anti's like to blame the presence of a firearm for the extent of violence? Paaalease. There's no definitive argument that could be made that a person would have a 'better' fighting chance during an attack if armed with a handgun than armed with, for example, a taser.

For me, I believe a firearm is the best available tool to get the job done. That's for me. That said, it's certainly not the only tool - nor is it the most effective tool for every person. There are certainly a plethora of alternatives available. In fact, many of us carry more than one self-defense item at a time.

While I might not agree with your politics, I do believe you are sensible enough and aware of the nature of the society we live in to not go completely unarmed.

I wish you luck in your firearms free endeavor and hope all goes well for you.

eye95

What gutshot said.

She had a lot of you folks fooled, but now her true colors are there for all to see. There was no way to reconcile support for the Right with her leftness, One of the two had to win out.

I wonder if she ever supported a RKBA, or just said so to fool the folks here.

independence

Sorry to hear that you experienced an apparent self defense situation but glad you made it out alive. I'm not sure what the exact outcome of this shooting was, but I will say that it is completely normal to feel regret for injuring or killing another person even if it was justifiable. However, have you considered that maybe you are dealing with this in a way that is unrealistic for your overall emotional healing? Perhaps it feels cleansing to rid yourself of firearms as though they caused the situation. In fact, the perpetrator is the one who likely caused this situation, not you and not your gun. I hope there is never a next time, but if there is, what if you end up using a kitchen knife or a stone to defend yourself? Will you rid yourself of these items as well?

One thing you seem not able to face right now is that you cannot cleanse yourself or this world of the violent criminals who would like to do you harm. They won't go away because you got rid of your guns and they won't go away because you got rid of your kitchen knives. I feel for you in your situation but there needs to come a time where you are able to face this reality: Evil will not go away just because you got rid of your guns. You may end up still having to defend yourself someday with lethal force even if it is a different tool.

You say that your environment hasn't changed but you have. What has actually changed is your response to your environment. This is likely as a result of grief over injury or loss of life to the attacker. You are crippled with grief for the loss of life and the soberness of the situation. But it's time to move on. Grieve and then move on. It's time to celebrate the lives that were saved as a result of your actions and as a result of you choosing to be prepared with the proper tool(s).

My purpose of writing this is not to convince you to carry again. It's to convince you that you will never truly experience healing until your grieving process ends and you are able to celebrate the lives saved.

independence

There's no definitive argument that could be made that a person would have a 'better' fighting chance during an attack if armed with a handgun than armed with, for example, a taser.

Did you know that people often die from being tasered? (Google it.) So what will happen if you experience another self defense situation (I hope you don't) and you taser somebody and they die? Will you get rid of your taser, too?

Also, did you know that a surprising amount of people have an curious resilience to being tasered and it has little effect on them? (You can Google that, too.) This is a definitive argument that a gun provides a "better fighting chance" because bullets have a higher neutralization rate than tasers.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
What gutshot said.

She had a lot of you folks fooled, but now her true colors are there for all to see. There was no way to reconcile support for the Right with her leftness, One of the two had to win out.

I wonder if she ever supported a RKBA, or just said so to fool the folks here.

I kind of agree. The "logic" which lead B92FSL to her current state seems incredibly contrived, and her posturing seems affected.

Her post did not jibe with my operating human behavior/action models.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
I kind of agree. The "logic" which lead B92FSL to her current state seems incredibly contrived, and her posturing seems affected.

Her post did not jibe with my operating human behavior/action models.

I disagree. The convoluted, emotional-based "logic" represented in her post definitely jibes with my experience of most people's behavior/action models . . . .

Tess

Founder's Club Member
While I don't claim to understand fully your decision, I can tell that you've thought it through and it's the right decision for you.

I cannot fathom making the same decision for myself, but then, none of us can fully get into one another's head.

I wish you nothing but the very best. You have more challenges than many of us here, and I hope you are able to get through all of them safely and peacefully.

Since you're supportive of all rights, I do hope you'll stick around and weigh in from time to time on topics that interest you.

sudden valley gunner

While I don't claim to understand fully your decision, I can tell that you've thought it through and it's the right decision for you.

I cannot fathom making the same decision for myself, but then, none of us can fully get into one another's head.

I wish you nothing but the very best. You have more challenges than many of us here, and I hope you are able to get through all of them safely and peacefully.

Since you're supportive of all rights, I do hope you'll stick around and weigh in from time to time on topics that interest you.

+1