• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CDWL Renewal

hotrod

imported post

Took my renewal to the sheriffs office in Boone County on October 30 and received my new license from the sheriff's dept on November 9. That is much better than the renewal 5 years ago. It took 3 1/2 months and a lot of complaining. I was very happy with the state police and how much more efficient they have become. I know a lot of people are renewing about this time of year and just wanted to let you know how much better it is.

TheMrMitch

imported post

It's now good instead of a background check when purchasing firearms.

BTW.....You're the second person I know ofwho has called it CDWL....I'm the other.:dude:

zrukman

imported post

I'm very jealous as I also turned in my renewal on Oct 30th. County has cashed my check but not the state police. Maybe mine will come in the next week or so.

:X

hotrod

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
It's now good instead of a background check when purchasing firearms.

BTW.....You're the second person I know ofwho has called it CDWL....I'm the other.:dude:
I love the idea of no more background checks during gun purchases'.Concealed Deadly Weapons License. That's what it's called and we are intelligent enough to read the licenses heading.I have my throwing stars, my switchblade knife, my nunchuks and other deadly weapons within reach. Just joking around, but it is funny the number of holders who don't know they can carry any deadly weapon concealed in the Commonwealth. Thanks Mr. Mitch. Also first time I had seen the new look of the license with the seal and all

JohnKelly

imported post

So do you receive a renewal notice in the mail? How long before the license actually expires?

hotrod

imported post

gutshot wrote:
I just renewed recently also. While in a gun store lately I mentioned that I was glad I wouldn't have to go through the NICS check again. I always get a "delay" and then wait the three days to get my gun. The clerk at the counter said," we always do the NICS anyway just to be safe, you could have had a conviction since it was issued". Guess I won't be buying any more guns there.
There is a guy that doesn't know what they're talking about. In order to qualify for the NICS the state police must run background monthly. This is a federally approved program. Why wouldn't you use it?

nick1207

imported post

I purchased a rifle at Dick's sporting goods..I showedtheguymy cc license,but the guy behind the counter told me that i still have to go through the background check.I never made an issue of it.. was he in the right to refuse my cc license and make me go through the background check ?He said Dick's policy requires them to do a background check

hotrod

imported post

mnick426 wrote:
I purchased a rifle at Dick's sporting goods..I showedtheguymy cc license,but the guy behind the counter told me that i still have to go through the background check.I never made an issue of it.. was he in the right to refuse my cc license and make me go through the background check ?He said Dick's policy requires them to do a background check
May be Dicks policy, but it is not required by the ATFE.