• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

J-SiN

I also am attending the gun show with a few local shooters
seems a lack of interest in a meet up for dinner etc

Im all for a group legally and lawfully excercising their rights

NC-Heel

This spring there was huge interest in monthly meet ups. I think we had 10 people for the Golden Corral get-to-gether. It sputtered and this thread lost views.

daveden

anybody still doing this in charlotte? I'm going to purchase my USP in the morning and plan on becoming an OC'er, love to meetup with others once in a while, rather than being the only guy walking around with a weapon on his hip.

daveden

im 20 mins south of charlotte

Nice that's two of us. Monroe? Been driving out there a few times a week to check Wal-Mart for ARs. Got there 5 min too late and guy in front of me snagged Sig m400. Anyways, sorry, I know this is open carry forum, so I will not share my sob stories in my search for the elusive AR/Mini that is not priced through the roof. What ranges do you like? Have not been to any in the area...

You venture to charlotte much? Was wondering how your OC experiences have gone here and in the surrounding cities/counties?

J-SiN

March 7th 6:30 pm
La Unica
4305 Old Monroe Rd
Indian Trail, NC 28079

Anyone else coming out?

USMCRET.

Hello all Im new to the form and I am moving back to Gastonia end of May early June. What do you guys do at meetings? Is it a get together and dinner type deal? Anyway would defiantly be interested when I get back.

smarcus3

I'll be moving into the Charlotte area from CO in July and wanted to know the details on open carry. Here in CO its simple but I wasn't sure for NC.

Also are these meetings still happening?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hello all Im new to the form and I am moving back to Gastonia end of May early June. What do you guys do at meetings? Is it a get together and dinner type deal? Anyway would defiantly be interested when I get back.

I'll be moving into the Charlotte area from CO in July and wanted to know the details on open carry. Here in CO its simple but I wasn't sure for NC.

Welcome to OCDO to you both.

Looking at the stickies on the NC sub-forum will start you on your way to this answers:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?117-North-Carolina

Some of the local gentry will be along shortly, probably in the morning, to give you some more direct answers.

Jamesm760

NC is pretty simple too, you dont need to register firearms, and you dont need a CHP/CWP to OC.

I live in Charlotte and so far, I havn't been stopped by a LEO when OCing.

Welcome to NC!

As for the meetings, there is another thread that is a bit more active as far as charlotte area meets.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...harlotte-meet-and-greet&p=1928669#post1928669

Last edited: