• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

ImJustMylan

Now sticky'd and thanks for the send off. I feel like im walking the plank.. end of my happy OC days is almost here.:banghead:

jag06

When is the next meetup in Charlotte? I have to make a trip down there and if I have enough notice I would like to make it that way when its a meetup. I have enjoyed the ones here in the triad and would like to meet as many of the folks on here as I can.

ArmySoldier22

When is the next meetup in Charlotte? I have to make a trip down there and if I have enough notice I would like to make it that way when its a meetup. I have enjoyed the ones here in the triad and would like to meet as many of the folks on here as I can.

Well, we weren't talking about doing the next one until December because we were planning on doing it at a range as well. That way people had time to save up for ammo. But I'm sure if you wanted to do one sooner, just talk to the OP about setting one up.

David

Godscreation

Aw man! I live minutes from the meet up area. I've been OCing since 08 and been begging for OC get togethers. I left for basic (Navy) on August 8th, get to "A" School on the 10th of Oct. and receive my laptop one week later only to find out there are OC events right in my town? NOOOO! I'm stationed in Lackland Air Force base in San Antonio Texas, and won't come back till late December! Way to start something without me! :) Can't wait to join you folks when I get back! Take care and keep Charlotte safe while I'm gone.

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
Wow! I was hoping that we would be active enough for monthly meets, but at this rate we'll be getting together every hour in two years. lol

Does everyone want to set a day and time that we'll meet every month and then it's just a matter of deciding on a restaurant?

Godscreation, sorry you got left out these first few meets. We all look forward to meeting you and any other newcomers at future meets.

Jag06, I hope your schedule can mesh with an upcoming meet in Charlotte. I think it would be great to have guests from other parts of the state or even from other states. Hopefully I can join you and others at meets in the triad area in the future as I have family up that way and can make the long drive even more productive.

Large Caliber Kick

I am free for the next couple of weekends so once we decide when and where, I will be there.

-Steve

I've been waiting for everyone to post what day(s) of the week and what time is convenient for them so that we can decide on a set day/time each month. I'm thinking the first saturday of each month would be great and we had good turn-out at 4:00 pm previously.

Steve, If nobody speaks up then name where and when this weekend and I'll meet you there. I'll post it at the top of the thread and whoever wants to come we'll see you there.

sigarmsguy

I think the first Saturday is a great plan. Somebody pick a place and I'll be there. Been waiting since I moved here. Missed the last one by a day. Post it up and let me know.

Large Caliber Kick

I think the first Saturday is a great plan. Somebody pick a place and I'll be there. Been waiting since I moved here. Missed the last one by a day. Post it up and let me know.

Sigarmsguy, welcome to ocdo and welcome to NC. Sorry you missed the last meet.

There was some talk awhile back about doing the next meet at a range in Concord but we were sort of holding out for December so that some of us would have a chance to put a few bucks back for some ammo. I'm thinking lunch at 11:30am and be at the range by 2:00pm. If everyone is ok with that then I'm voting we find a buffet and waiting on opinions, suggestions, and objections.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So stop talking about it and pick a spot - never will get it done otherwise. :p

Build it and they will come. :D

Large Caliber Kick

So stop talking about it and pick a spot - never will get it done otherwise. :p

Build it and they will come. :D

That's what I was leaning towards doing but I didn't want to offend anyone by making all the decisions for them. I guess I was a little too worried about stepping on toes. I appreciate the friendly push.

Spot picked. See first post.

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

That's what I was leaning towards doing but I didn't want to offend anyone by making all the decisions for them. I guess I was a little too worried about stepping on toes. I appreciate the friendly push.

Thats definitely understandable. With as few people as we have around here, it can be hard finding times and places to get the maximum amount of people to show up. I do like your idea about lunch and then the range though. I probably wont' be able to get any range time in until maybe right after the first week of December, but I'm sure I can push some extra cash to spend on ammo if we decide to do it sooner if I'm still in the area.

ArmySoldier22

Five guys near Northlake mall? :)

Just making a suggestion!

Just found out I'm going to be leaving within the next week or two to take a government contract job up in Virginia. It won't be a permanent move, but I will be gone for a few months, maybe half a year. So I'm definitely in for a meet this weekend or next if anybody else is up for it. I've never carried in Virginia. I'm looking forward to feeling the freedom of being able to carry into my favorite restaurants like Applebees again!

David

Last edited:

Large Caliber Kick

Five guys near Northlake mall? :)

Just making a suggestion!

csaunders, we've done fiveguys near Northlake for the past two meets. I think we ought to find a different restaurant for two reasons. #1, I think some of us are getting tired of Five Guys. #2, so that our meets can be observed by a wider audience. However, if yall really want Five Guys I'm not gonna argue.

Just found out I'm going to be leaving within the next week or two to take a government contract job up in Virginia. It won't be a permanent move, but I will be gone for a few months, maybe half a year. So I'm definitely in for a meet this weekend or next if anybody else is up for it. I've never carried in Virginia. I'm looking forward to feeling the freedom of being able to carry into my favorite restaurants like Applebees again!

David

David, I'd love to do a meet before you leave. Name where and when, this one is totally up to you my friend. Put it here and I'll stick it in post #1.

Last edited: