• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago PD Veteran Of 14 Gunfights interview

WalkingWolf

I ran across this video and thought it was interesting. And possibly we can take away a little from it. It is long, 52 minutes, but not boring IMO. It is not really a video as it is an audio interview on youtube. It did amaze me that one person even in Chicago could get into 14 shootings. I hope, I doubt most will not get in even one. Early in the video he departs from the usual center mass, and extols head shots, something I also believe in. His shooting style is mostly the same as mine, use only the front sight.

[video=youtube;Yd3v_fssabI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd3v_fssabI[/video]

Firearms Iinstuctor

Not the ordinary patrol man or person spent a huge part of career as a tactical officer on tactical teams.

One just has to look at the career of Jim Cirillo of the NYPD stake out squad to see how often how some specialty units get involved in things.

Last edited: