• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Children's spat leads Clear Lake father to alleged armed assualt

Maverick9

Yes, yes it is:

I'm just going to post a limited screen capture here, for FYI purposes.

It may or may not be associated with this action:

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 3.15.38 PM.png

Interesting web presence of the WCCA.

It appears from reading the account that person A just pistol-whipped person B. I don't see how that gets one afoul of a 'negligent use of a weapon/explosive' statute, but IANAL.

The dimwit could have just gone there and smacked person B with a rolled up newspaper, gotten his point across and then gone home none the worse for wear.

IMO, the 'whipper' has no biz owning a device of deadly force, which is not a legal or 2A opinion, it's a 'you're too dumb to be trusted with that thing' thing. :D

Last edited:

Maverick9

Well that is up to the State to prove and the judge or jury to decide if they did.

Yeah, I guess. "He used the pistol negligently like a club or bludgeon, your honor; the State suggest this is negligent because it could have 'gone off' and hurt someone. Plus he lied, we have the victim's DNA in his barrel..."

I'm not liking his chances. Will he get a fair trial or a railroading, despite being a Major Dumbarse? I dunno. Even Major DA's are supposed to get 'justice'. :D

Like others here, I hope they plea him down to a Class A Misdemeanor and a big Fine and certainly take anger management classes.

Franky

After looking at Pieter's case the other day and seeing the 2-5 filing by the defense I figured it would be pushed back.

wimwag

Justice is served/done.

There is a local police officer you should speak to, Doug.

His name is Paul. You'll find he works in both Amery and Clear Lake. He's been telling people I'm innocent and that I was set up.

Wonder why a cop would do that?

Try not to hide behind fake profiles, Mr. "Forbes." ;-)

Firearms Iinstuctor

There is a local police officer you should speak to, Doug.

His name is Paul. You'll find he works in both Amery and Clear Lake. He's been telling people I'm innocent and that I was set up.

Wonder why a cop would do that?

Try not to hide behind fake profiles, Mr. "Forbes." ;-)

So you were forced to go to the other guys house and hit him with your pistol.

An interesting concept.