• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Christie's stance

sprat

imported post

Up from florida and was wacthing public tv last night, the new gov was on.A caller asked his stance on 2A, he said he supports the rights of citizens to bear arms for protection and sporting purposes BUT said the existing gun laws were going to stay in affect and he proposes no changes and he will prosectute firearm misuse to the fullest extent

I don't see any changes any to soon, if at anytime.NJ Public TVare going to have him on a regular basis, so the folks here should band together and call him every week and state your case respectfully. he may and I will say again he may change his mind but he will have a hard time with democratic house and senate, but elections are coming!!!

sprat

merle

imported post

Here I'm thinking something like "weaver", but think this guy has bigger fish to fry (eg property tax) and the 2A is on the list but near the bottom.

GenPirate

imported post

He is actually for the ban on assault weapons, so don't look for much from him in terms of 2A. I really wish we could get a governor that is for open carrying, but by the time I move out of state (in the next 4 years) that won't happen.

press1280

Best we can hope for from Christie is that he tells his AG to back down if a CCW lawsuit comes down the pike. Being a former US Attorney, he should know which cases are winners and which are losers. NJ's CCW scheme is a LOSER through and through.

press1280

The problem in NJ is that the final issuer of CCW's isn't the state police, it is the state judiciary. Which means you need to go federal.

Yep, the stupid NJ legislature gave up power to the judges, who will probably make up any BS to hold on to their little fiefdoms.
As far as Christie goes, being that he's a former US Attorney, he should at least know when and if NJ's permit scheme gets struck down in Federal Court that he should not try to spend millions in taxpayer funds to have NJ's scheme exposed for cronyism and corruption like other "may-issue" schemes around the country.