• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chuck Norris fights for Second Amendment rights.

Haz.

imported post

I was surprised to read this in the morning news here in Australia!

The click on header on News.com read,

"CHUCK NORRIS AND GUNS, A PERFECT MATCH!"

The usual Aussie anti gun biased headline.

Breaking news

Chuck Norris fights for Second Amendment rights at NRA Convention in Charlotte

• By Lexi Stemple of FOXNews.com
  • May 14, 2010 8:44AM
FROM one screen legend to another, the NRA Convention is back in Charlotte 10 years after Charlton Heston's memorable appearance and hoping actor Chuck Norris can pack the same star power for Second Amendment rights.

In 2000, Heston, then president of the National Rifle Association, raised a replica Revolutionary War musket over his head and boomed, "From my cold, dead hands!"

Now it's martial-artist-turned-activist Norris's turn, FOXNews.com said today. Not yet the group's president, or even a spokesman, Norris said he was honoured to head up the group's national voter registration drive.

His admiration for Heston is obvious. "Chuck Heston was a man I deeply respected. He was gracious to everyone he met and was a great patriot. He will always be remembered."

As for his role, Norris said, "Every vote matters … The only protection against attacks on our Second Amendment rights and the Democratic process is our vote … I'm honoured to be working with them in this capacity and I look forward to continuing to advocate for Second Amendment rights down the road."

The NRA would take whatever Norris was willing to dish out.

NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandamtold Fox News, "Right now Chuck Norris is a member, a supporter … but that's a great question for him. What does he want to be?"

This year, Norris will be the final speaker at Friday's NRA Celebration of American Values Leadership Forum.

Hewillalso sign copies of his new book Black Belt Patriotism on Saturday. Proceeds from that book go to his other big cause Kickstart Kids - a program "he started several years ago to help change and save children's lives."