• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Washington get together

usmcbess

I will be eating open carry at Beijing Chinese buffet in the City of Washington on Saturday at 11:00 A.M.. The city of Washington does not require a ccw to open carry and I have done so there many times.BInam also trying to find the person who oc's a big revolver in the union/Washington area. Everyone except me has seen this person and I would like to meet them seeing as they ate in my immediate area.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry, I don't think you'll get many takers for his one.

MSPGUNNER

As a vocal critic of some of the methods usmcbess has employed or has explored employing, I would not be opposed to this at all. It is his time selection that eliminates it from my schedule.

Saturday's belong to my kids, it is the only time they get out of the residential care units and only weddings and funerals have altered that for years.

Distaste for ones methods do not determine the paths, if it is not violating the law, he is his own man who makes his own choices and I respect that more than distaste can over ride.

At the same time my methods of expressing myself likely remove me from his "new best friends list" so its all good.

If he holds an event that is within the time frames I have available, I might well attend assuming no objections were forthcoming.

repomasterstl

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if that person knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about that person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or

(There is a exception to people with ccw)
Would this be no oc allowed? upon or about?

cshoff

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if that person knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about that person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or

(There is a exception to people with ccw)
Would this be no oc allowed? upon or about?

The key word there is CONCEALED. As per the ordinance, it is an offense to carry a concealed firearm in Washington. Their ordinances then go on to exempt persons with a CCW endorsement from that provision:

F. Subdivisions (1), (8) and (10) of Subsection (A) shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

Assuming the ordinances they have published on the Sullivan Publications website are current, they have no ordinances against openly carried firearms.

usmcbess

The time can be changed if I can get a consensus on a good day and time. I am eager to meet another Ocer as I have yet to to date (even you lmtd).

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
The time can be changed if I can get a consensus on a good day and time. I am eager to meet another Ocer as I have yet to to date (even you lmtd).

Well you have met mpsgunner and he OC's so I am not sure what you mean, unless you mean you have not been to an event etc.

You and I are a long ways apart, I am very near Wentzville and you are near Pacific so we really do not share the same stomping grounds. When I was doing service I used to carry a few guns in the truck and have stopped at antire range, I forget the actual name, the DNR one out there a few times.

Saturdays are pretty much out and are the primary reason I missed most of Doc's Starbucks tour, I do not take my son home much before 6 ever and sometimes later. Every other week I actually pick him up on Friday so that limits them some what as well.

I postponed the Chevy's tour this week because of fathers day, felt it might be a real low turn out due to folks having plans. My plans are in St Peters from 12 to around 4 and I am sure after mom's home cooking I will not be open to more grub by six lol.

The closest I know of will indeed be the Ellisville Chevy's, I typically stay north of 40 in my routine travels but really do not care nearly as much as many about miles, I have driven so many when involved in sales and service anything under a couple hundred is a no brainier but it does have to fit the schedule.

Bout as close to you I get on a scheduled event is when a newbie to 4wd wants to learn a little off roading and we takem down Lost Creek Road from 70 to 94 near defiance, pretty tame but newbies like it and it is a pretty run.

Firepit1x

Bess

Bess,
I've watched your videos and I've read some of your words and I've formed a very light opinion of you (light meaning, I don't know you except by your online persona and that opinion could easily change). While you are well within your rights of what you are doing I disagree with your tactics. As an open carry advocate you need to more friendly with the friendlies (officers and public). Open carriers are trying to educate the public and the police alike and when asked for your ID why challenge them, I understand that it is your right but my suggestion is, give them your ID (it appears you always end up doing that anyways) and then tell them you know your rights on producing ID and your rights on OC. The point is, the friendlier you are the better the outcome and the better the learning experience for all involved. My belief is as you challenge the authorities they are simply going to enact laws as they see fit to stop you from being a nuisance. I've done open carry in our area and have never been seen as a threat to anyone, but I don't make it a point to be seen and I don't test the waters to cause a disturbance. Due to my job I'm usually also dressed business casual and I have a feeling most assume I'm law enforcement. I do work in law enforcement but I'm not an officer of any type and I don't try and look the part either, I've been in this career for over 17 years and it is what it is. Good luck in your education of others but please conduct yourself in a way that will help and not hinder what OC is all about.

usmcbess

Bess,
I've watched your videos and I've read some of your words and I've formed a very light opinion of you (light meaning, I don't know you except by your online persona and that opinion could easily change). While you are well within your rights of what you are doing I disagree with your tactics. As an open carry advocate you need to more friendly with the friendlies (officers and public). Open carriers are trying to educate the public and the police alike and when asked for your ID why challenge them, I understand that it is your right but my suggestion is, give them your ID (it appears you always end up doing that anyways) and then tell them you know your rights on producing ID and your rights on OC. The point is, the friendlier you are the better the outcome and the better the learning experience for all involved. My belief is as you challenge the authorities they are simply going to enact laws as they see fit to stop you from being a nuisance. I've done open carry in our area and have never been seen as a threat to anyone, but I don't make it a point to be seen and I don't test the waters to cause a disturbance. Due to my job I'm usually also dressed business casual and I have a feeling most assume I'm law enforcement. I do work in law enforcement but I'm not an officer of any type and I don't try and look the part either, I've been in this career for over 17 years and it is what it is. Good luck in your education of others but please conduct yourself in a way that will help and not hinder what OC is all about.

Hey man glad to hear from someone new for a change. All the videos that I have posted are from when I was new to open carry a year ago. I now know, after having a few encounters with police, how to conduct myself in a more tactful manner. In the past I have caved to pressure and followed unlawful orders but I will no longer chicken out I will stand my ground. My way of handleing things is the same, I still refuse to provide identification, but I am alot more level headed when dealing with police. I know that you do not favor me doing this and you have that right but I do not think it is the best idea to just roll over to unlawful orders. We will just have to agree to disagree when it comes to this. I do not attempt to draw attention to myself when I open carry. I simply live my life as I normally would but with a gun. I normally street preach and I normally film the police with or without my weapon. I agree with you on your filanl statement if I am the only one to stand up formy God given rights they will see me as a nuisance and try and do away with me. But that is the problem more people need to stand up and take back our country. I appreciate you being civil and not resorting to name calling.