• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clark County Open Carry

OC Freedom

Last week I had business in Vancouver, Wash. and drove from the Treasure Valley (Boise area) to said location by way of I-84 through Oregon. I had no issues in Oregon, I just made sure to cross to the Washington side at Hood River to avoid Portland and Multnomah County. While in Vancouver, I thought my open carry activity would get a visit by LEO's, but in the two days I was in town nothing was said and no police contact. I did receive plenty of attention from locals unlike here in Idaho where it's ignored or praised, but no comments, just looks. After following the Mack Worley unlawful detainment and arrest, I was aware police contact could happen, but since I was not carrying a rifle the likelihood was low. I can say I was glad to get back to Idaho where firearms are less regulated and accepted.

Last edited:

Bill45

Here we are with the grammer police. Gee, I don't feel so alone now. But THEN all the posters here are out of staters. Perhapes better THAN us web footers on the wet side.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Don't think you meant less accepted - believe you meant more accepted.

Here we are with the grammer police. Gee, I don't feel so alone now. But THEN all the posters here are out of staters. Perhapes better THAN us web footers on the wet side.
Grammer police? Really?
Words do have meaning. Chosing the wrong word(s) changes the meaning.

Also user/memebers are not restricted to just posting in their home state. We share and learn.

Last edited: