• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry on Univercity Washington Campus

harmonica player

imported post

I have been reading some previous postings on this subject, and also looking a the RCW 9:41. I have to travel from Bremerton over to the Stadium for a football game, which brings in another question. Because a football game is a school sponsord event, would it be a problem to concealed carry there?

j2l3

imported post

First, I recommend you read the entire statute for the definition of "school" I don't think it applies to higher education institutions.

Once you have that definition, then you might want to ask your question again.

jchen012

imported post

You would have better luck if you posted this in the Washington State section. As far as concealing a firearm on UW campus, legally you can. The WAC rules for the university were written for students, not the general public. If they do catch you with a firearm, they will probably tell you to leave it in the car or else they will issue you a trespass warning.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

First off, spell check is your friend... Second the WAC's apply only to students and at best can only carry a civil penalty, but since you are not a student it would not apply to you.