• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - The Kelly Files - What is going on in Connecticut?

Rich B

Connecticut Carry Director Ed Peruta will be going live on The Kelly File with Megyn Kelly tonight at 9:40pm.

Tune in to see what the man who told the state "You don't have the balls" has to say about what is going on in Connecticut.

OC for ME

Tossing "otherwise law abiding citizens" under the bus. My point is to let it play out, in the courts, without the drama. This will be very interesting to watch. I wonder if our CO friends are watching the events as they unfold in CT.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thanks for calling gun owners felons instead of people who own guns that are legal under what SCOTUS.

Lanza had guns that are not banned that could have done the same as the rifle (if he even used the rifle~I have seen no proof of that) on him. Did he use the handguns to kill or the rifle? No evidence is shown either way.

What would I have said:

The state now bans rifles that SCOTUS has expressly stated that we can own and possess.

The state has stated that registration of guns, the disclosure of what arms a person owns, creates a risk of death to those that disclose or register.

The state will now check this list when police come over to address minor issues like a loud party of your kids when you are out of town on business and will respond with SWAT teams descending upon a neighborhood putting children at risk and given that SWAT teams historically go to the wrong house about 5% of the time, everyone should be concerned.

And to inform people that jury nullification is permissible in this state and ask that none of the viewers find anyone guilty in any prosecution under these draconian and illegal gun laws. Because under our law, it is the people who are the final arbiters of laws - we decide what laws are enforceable, not legislators and not judges and it is the cornerstone of why we have juries and that juries consist of the people, not the government.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Tossing "otherwise law abiding citizens" under the bus. My point is to let it play out, in the courts, without the drama. This will be very interesting to watch. I wonder if our CO friends are watching the events as they unfold in CT.

Poor Scott had about 3 seconds of talk ...

But I agree .. what was said did toss folks "under the bus".

I think that people should get more informed of the law that was passed though .. these are folks who will be sitting in judgment.

And it can be done without the drama, people viewing likely see the segment as all gun owners have this attitude.

Augustin

Connecticut Carry Director Ed Peruta will be going live on The Kelly File with Megyn Kelly tonight at 9:40pm.

davidmcbeth,

One of the men being interviewed (Steve) said that there was ongoing litigation against the state. Can you please give us some info about this?

davidmcbeth

Banned
davidmcbeth,

One of the men being interviewed (Steve) said that there was ongoing litigation against the state. Can you please give us some info about this?

Well, the CT Sportman group had one that addressed the e-cert process but that was dismissed for lack of standing. Disappointing ... I hope that they re-file under a person litigant ~ I think it has an excellent chance of winning on this point alone to void PA13-3.

One is still alive though in the federal system... Case 3:13-cv-00739-AVC June Shrew et al v. Daniel Malloy et al
A summary judgment was issued (not in our favor) and the case is being appealed to the appellate court. This case did not bring up the e-cert process or the secret meetings aspect of the law ...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ot-Assault-Weapons-quot-Restrictions-Under-2A

^^^^ follow the links to the decision ( a decision that appeared to be written by a monkey lol)

And there are several administrative cases alive before the Freedom of Information Commission and also in New Britain Superior Court regarding the "secret meetings" aspect of the creation of SB 1160- seeking to void the law under our FOIA Act provisions. These may take a while ... as currently the FOIC has been leaning that the members of the general assembly can meet in secret and that its tough cookies....although the FOIC will not have the final say in the matter. The FOIC has the authority to void SB 1160 and PA13-3/220 if they want to, which I doubt. But courts take a dim view of laws being passed in secret....so even a finding of a violation of the FOIA Act may be useful.

Scott was likely pointing/highlighting the Shew case.

Last edited:

Augustin

Well, the CT Sportman group had one that addressed the e-cert process but that was dismissed for lack of standing. Disappointing ... I hope that they re-file under a person litigant ~ I think it has an excellent chance of winning on this point alone to void PA13-3.

One is still alive though in the federal system... Case 3:13-cv-00739-AVC June Shrew et al v. Daniel Malloy et al
A summary judgment was issued (not in our favor) and the case is being appealed to the appellate court. This case did not bring up the e-cert process or the secret meetings aspect of the law ...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ot-Assault-Weapons-quot-Restrictions-Under-2A

Nice reply. Thank you very much. Please keep the forum updated on new developments.