- Aug 25, 2009
- Freeport, Maine, United States
Wear under the person's clothes or conceal about the person's person a firearm, slungshot, knuckles, bowie knife, dirk, stiletto or other dangerous or deadly weapon usually employed in the attack on or defense of a person . when the person is in or entering:
(1) A structure, vehicle or craft owned, leased or operated by the State or a political subdivision of the State after a reasonable request by the operator of the structure, vehicle or craft to remove the dangerous or deadly weapon and place it in the custody of the operator for temporary and secure storage;
(2) An event of limited duration that is either operated or sponsored by a public entity or a private entity subject to a permit or license granted by a public entity after a reasonable request by the operator or sponsor of the event to remove the dangerous or deadly weapon and place it in the custody of the operator or sponsor for temporary and secure storage;
(3) A polling place on the day of an election;
(4) The grounds or buildings of a school;
(5) A nuclear power plant or hydroelectric facility; or
(6) An establishment licensed under Title 28-A, chapter 43 for the sale of spirits, wine or malt liquor to be consumed on the premises if the licensee has posted a sign visible to the public that clearly prohibits the possession of weapons on the licensed premise
Hypothetically, would this mean that anyone entering a public entity will be asked if they are carrying?
So this would mean that I could carry into either openly or concealed with a permit into a school? I see no mention of prohibition in jails or courthouses so there is no prohibition there?
Another problem. Isn't the town of Bar Harbor within Acadia National Park? What if I want to Open Carry to my Polling Place as allowed by this new law, but I'm in Acadia so I am required to Conceal Carry due to the Acadia law? Hrm, what's a responsible gun owner to do?
Maine proposes Constitutional Carry! Link to the bill: http://www.mainelegislature.org/LawMakerWeb/summary.asp?ID=280039860[/QUOA
haha, it's the government... is that a serious question? :uhoh: