• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cosby

solus

prosecution judicial impropriety, from my understanding, can't offer someone immunity to testify in a civil case then couple years later have a different prosecutor prosecute them in a criminal case...

glad the PA SC have the cojones to clear up the idiocy

mlawson

Being a former resident of NY close to the PA border, I often wondered about PA's legal practices...especially down in Bucks County with all the corrupt police.

user

Accomplished Advocate
prosecution judicial impropriety, from my understanding, can't offer someone immunity to testify in a civil case then couple years later have a different prosecutor prosecute them in a criminal case...

glad the PA SC have the cojones to clear up the idiocy
nope. when the prosecutor offers immunity in exchange for something that's a deal between the state and the defendant or witness, not involving the prosecutor personally, because he is the manifestation of the state in that situation. The state is really just a legal fiction after all, incorporeal on its own, it acts through its "minions".

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
nope. when the prosecutor offers immunity in exchange for something that's a deal between the state and the defendant or witness, not involving the prosecutor personally, because he is the manifestation of the state in that situation. The state is really just a legal fiction after all, incorporeal on its own, it acts through its "minions".
Over 30 years ago my first E-mail address and still is legalfiction@........

"FICTION OF LAW". The assumption that a certain thing is true, and which gives to a person or thing, a quality which is not natural to it, and establishes, consequently, a certain disposition, which, without the fiction, would be repugnant to reason and to truth. It is an order of things which does not exist, but which the law prescribe; or authorizes it differs from presumption, because it establishes as true, something which is false; whereas presumption supplies the proof of something true.