• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

County conventions

tombrewster421

So I'll be going to the Pierce County GOP convention this coming weekend in hopes to be a delegate for Ron Paul at the state convention. Anyone else planning on attending their counties convention, or already have attended? Anyone going to OC? The Pierce County convention is at the convention center in Tacoma, the same place that will host the state convention. So it's covered by preemption.

sudden valley gunner

My caucus was at a school. :(
Hopefully you'll get to OC at state then. :)

County convention is in school here too.

I could have been appointed delegate for libertarian party an gone to the convention in Vegas..... wasn't sure if I was viable though since I partook in the disappointing county Republican caucus.

1245A Defender

well,,,

I have some confussion.
As I see it, If you arent at the county convention, you wont be a delegate at the state level.
We just had our local caucus, where delegates were selected.
some of those attendies will now be delegates to county republican conventions.
I will be an alternate delegate for Ron Paul at the Mason county republican convention in shelton on the 31st.
From that convention, selections will be made to represent at the state convention on may 31 in Tacoma.

tombrewster421

I have some confussion.
As I see it, If you arent at the county convention, you wont be a delegate at the state level.
We just had our local caucus, where delegates were selected.
some of those attendies will now be delegates to county republican conventions.
I will be an alternate delegate for Ron Paul at the Mason county republican convention in shelton on the 31st.
From that convention, selections will be made to represent at the state convention on may 31 in Tacoma.

What's your question? Your statements are correct. The only way for YOU to go to state (since you're an alternate) is for someone else to not show up and you get seated in their place.