• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CWL national reciprocity

silver

I don't like it.

I am a proponent of the intent, but not at the federal level. If we allow the fed to have the power to tell us where we can carry our guns, then they will be able to tell us when and where we cannot, eventually.

ecocks

As silver states, I like the intention, just not the thought of agreeing that this is within the power of the federal (or the state for that matter) government to routinely regulate a basic right.

About the only places I can agree guns should be restricted is courtrooms and mediation meetings between aggravated parties yet even that leaves me uneasy as a matter of principle. I have no sympathy for those who complain about having to secure the weapons properly being an unacceptable cost for the court though.

Property rights of individuals is fine by me and, generally, I honor posted locations regardless of whether they are binding under the law or not. I can live without going into the mall, bank somewhere besides US Bank, buy furniture elsewhere than RC Willeys, visit friends who want me there and eat at places where I am welcome. If the President is unwilling to be around me when I am carrying, he can shag his sorry ass elsewhere.