• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC Arsenal Attorneys.com win right to carry stun guns in the District of Columbia

Mike

Site Co-Founder
https://www.arsenalattorneys.com/fi...ikes-a-blow-for-second-amendment-rights-in-dc

SNIP

The District of Columbia on November 17, 2016, presented Arsenal Attorneys with a check in the amount of $94,121.79, representing payment of attorneys’ fees and costs for the firm's successful challenge to DC’s ban on Tasers and stun guns.

Arsenal Attorneys, on behalf of three District of Columbia residents, last August sued the District of Columbia over its electronic weapons ban. *The Complaint in Wright v. District of Columbia can be found on our web site at https://www.arsenalattorneys.com/services/firearms-law/second-amendment. Arsenal then filed a motion for a preliminary injunction seeking an order from the court to lift the ban while the case progressed. *

The memorandum of law in support of that motion, minus the voluminous exhibits, can be found here: https://arsenalattorneys.com/services/second-amendment/taser-litigation/wright-v-dc-memo.

In September, the District entered into a stipulation agreeing to allow our clients to possess electronic weapons in their homes. *In return we agreed to stay the case for 90 days to allow DC time to repeal the ban on electronic weapons. *

The court in turn issued an order adopting that stipulation. *The stipulation provided for the District to pay our attorneys’ fees.

Currently, pending before the DC City Council is a bill that would repeal the electronic weapons ban. *

We have been informed by knowledgeable Council insiders that the bill is likely to be passed with few, if any restrictions beyond a prohibition on carry of electronic weapons into schools and a prohibition on possession by persons under 18. *It is likely that the repeal of the ban will be accomplished before the end of the year, subject of course to Congress’s review.

JoeSparky

Centurion
When the District of Columbia becomes a state, the United States as we know them are over.

I pray President TRUMP disestablishes that Dindu establishment and restores the responsibility to Congress.
I didn't suggest that DC become a state. Just that DC tecognizes the Constitutionally protrcted rights of the people and yo stop infringing them.

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this

Arma1911

Will we need to have a CHP or other license granted by the District in order to carry a stun gun on our person?

I am not familiar with stun guns. Will someone with practical knowledge of stun guns please educate me on their use and effectiveness. Are these viable and practical options for self defense? And if so, are there any specific models that you would recommend?

Thank you, in advance, to anyone who responds. And thank you, Mike, for what you have shared.

davidmcbeth

Banned
IMO tasers are biological weapons. And currently the US policy is to respond to biological attacks with nuclear attack.

So, I think that tasers are not appropriate weapons under any set of circumstances.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
IMO tasers are biological weapons. And currently the US policy is to respond to biological attacks with nuclear attack.

So, I think that tasers are not appropriate weapons under any set of circumstances.

Whaat? That is a quantum leap, even on this thread which is limited to D.C.

Note that off-topic posts belong in a separate thread.