• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Des Peres MO 3/6/11 City Hall Tour

sohighlyunlikely

To Whom it may concern,

I will be eating lunch at McDonald's at 12120 Manchester Rd. on Sunday 3/6/11 at 11:30AM. Then going a down the street to take a picture of myself and any Open Carry-er who wishes to join me in front of the Des Peres city hall. I do this for open carry awareness. Des Peres has no specific laws governing OC. So you only need to meet state requirements for legal OC , but I can not guaranty my actions will be appreciated by local authorities, as well I do not claim responsibility for any unjust persecution you may receive for doing as I do.

If by chance the restaurant that I am going to eat lunch at choses to not want me there and I have to eat elsewhere I suggest that if you are joining me you should contact me for my cell number in advance.

Doc

kylemoul

i worked at 11724 manchester!
until they closed.

as a man who likes to eat lunch, there is a place called claytons bakery and deli which has the most amazing sandwich (not sure if deli is open on sunday tho)

also the new schnucks right in des peres is very very big. has a couple levels, grills, bistro. would be alot more traffic than mc donalds.

of course schnucks doesnt have mc chickens lol

sohighlyunlikely

Why? You may ask.

i worked at 11724 Manchester!
until they closed.

as a man who likes to eat lunch, there is a place called Clayton's bakery and deli which has the most amazing sandwich (not sure if deli is open on Sunday tho)

also the new schnucks right in Des Peres is very very big. has a couple levels, grills, bistro. would be alot more traffic than mc donalds.

of course schnucks doesnt have mc chickens lol

Trust me McDonald's is not a high priority in my dining desires as well. It is only for the ease of others that I pic an easy to find place with predictable hours that also has a low percentage chance of refusing service to OCers. As well a large chain restaurant has recognizable management structure and is high profile if it were to choose to draw a line in the sand.
I invite any Open Carry-er let me know if they would like to make the arrangements for a meet up on their St Louis County OC legal town of choice. You can find the list of OC legal cities here. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?71591-Open-Carry-List-for-St.-Louis-County
As long as I get my pic with the city hall. Just let me know the agenda before I post something for that Sunday and I will be there.

Doc

Superlite27

Trust me McDonald's is not a high priority in my dining desires as well. It is only for the ease of others that I pic an easy to find place with predictable hours that also has a low percentage chance of refusing service to OCers. As well a large chain restaurant has recognizable management structure and is high profile if it were to choose to draw a line in the sand.

Wow.

.....and here I was under the assumption that Doc wasn't all that discriminating when it came to choosing a restaraunt.

I wonder what gave me that idea?

mspgunner

I work not far from there, If I can get there I will, if not... Carry on, I'll look for the pictures. On the subject of OC legislation in Missouri, so far no luck in getting a Senator or State Rep to do anything. One "NO" and a lot of no replies. More than likely not gonna happen.

kylemoul

doc wants that big mac.
they do rock.

i was planning to be there. i might have to help my step dad move out of his fathers house this sat and sunday. i want to attend i will see whats going on. maybe we can get it all done sat.

kylemoul

ill be moving some stuff for my step dad. may not take too long and i might be able to make it.

dont wait up if im not there

sohighlyunlikely

Just another day OC

How did the open carrying go? I'm a little concerned that I haven't see you back on the forum today.

Thank you for your concern but all is well. Spent 45min in the McDonald's then 10min at city hall to get my pic. I do this all the time. Though I do get an occasional short questioning by a Leo or 2. Never really any problems other than 1 20min detention about a year ago. I have that on video if you haven't seen that.

Doc

DSCF3033.jpg

mspgunner

It's a shame so many went to the Starbucks things and here you were, the one and only with the photographer. Some how there needs to be more involvement inthe STL area. If there is to be a change in the attitudes and the law there has to be more PR, (My opinion) or there won't be any change. In this case "change" is a good thing. I'm off to Bass Pro-shop (ST. Charles) today. I'll do the OC thing there. If they stop me at the door I'll just say I know you. Kinda sort of a free pass I would think?

Last edited: