• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DiGiacinto v. The Rector and Vistors of George Mason University

Virginiaplanter

imported post

An appeal has been granted by the Virginia Supreme Court in the case of DiGiacinto v. The Rector and Visitors of George Mason University.

Appeal Granted

nova

imported post

Virginiaplanter wrote:
An appeal has been granted by the Virginia Supreme Court in the case of DiGiacinto v. The Rector and Visitors of George Mason University.

Appeal Granted
:)

Article1section23

imported post

Virginiaplanter wrote:
VP,

Congratulations on this.I'm really hoping they say the University is bared from enforcing the policy.

nova

imported post

Shawn wrote:
Virginiaplanter wrote:
VP,

Congratulations on this.I'm really hoping they say the University is bared from enforcing the policy.
It's a good sign they didn't deny the appeal...it means there's still hope. :cool:

nova

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
Excellent. I so want to see GMU loose this case.

Is the AG's office representing GMU at all?
I don't know, but I wouldn't think so considering he answered on the VCDL survey he would support campus carry.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nova wrote:
fairfax1 wrote:
Excellent. I so want to see GMU loose this case.

Is the AG's office representing GMU at all?
I don't know, but I wouldn't think so considering he answered on the VCDL survey he would support campus carry.

And yet the AG is the attorney of record for the Commonwealth, and thus for the agencies of the Commonwealth. In other words, unless GMU elects not to utilize the AG's office someone from there will be representing them. I'm too lazy to go back and look to see who represented GMU up to this point, which might be a "clue" for further appearances.

Supporting campus carry and fulfilling the duties of the office can be mutually exclusive.

stay safe.

skidmark

nova

imported post

Will VCDL's stance on this change now that it is going to the VA Supreme Court?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

nova wrote:
I think that's something you'd have to ask the board Nova. Trying to predict their stance on issues is difficult these days.

nova

imported post

peter nap wrote:
nova wrote:
I think that's something you'd have to ask the board Nova. Trying to predict their stance on issues is difficult these days.
I know Philip posts here so I was just hoping maybe he'd share his opinion with us if he sees this thread. If not, I'm sure it will be brought up at the next Annandale meeting.