• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does it concern anyone the people that haven't been active?

jonjon_jon

Why do you suppose some people stop posting and coming to events after making such a effort to become involved? Something to consider? Maybe it's a not a issue? It's just something to consider?

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Well, this is a complex issue... I mean RKBA when I say this, RKBA = The Right to Keep and Bear Arms. It's not necessary to post, or come to events to further the cause. All you need to do is be nice, kind, polite and carry everywhere you go (that it is legal of course). Furthermore, if you are not carrying, or not carrying visibly you can choose to only shop at pro-firearm establishments. So you see, activity is more then the eye can sometimes see.

boyscout399

Why do you suppose some people stop posting and coming to events after making such a effort to become involved? Something to consider? Maybe it's a not a issue? It's just something to consider?

I'm still here. I'm still active. As it gets colder I expect activity to slow down. Summer months are more active because there's more to do.

ep0k

Low turnout at city council meetings was a bit disheartening but an expected reality on some levels. Activity will pick back up over time, and Shane is right, the way to get the message across is to quietly and unassumingly go about your daily business and fight for gun rights in your own way, day to day. 2nd Amendment supporters obviously spoke strongly on election day.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's a good day when........

It's a good day for OC and RKBA when those that chose to can walk down the street, go shopping, carry on their normal everyday activities w/o any major problems. The successes are not measured in the meet-ups, picnics or by the number of postings, but by the doing.

The elections had an impact as well as those coming up next fall will also.

As it gets warmer, there will be more and more opportunity to expose your rights to the bright sunshine of truth.