• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dollywood visit

lgrx3

Recently visited dollywood from Ky. I am retired law enforcement and was concealed carrying under Leosa, I also have a ccw permit. When I reached the gate I saw the metal detectors so I looked around and did not see any sign that said concealed carry was prohibited. I then asked security that was standing close by if concealed carry was banned in the park and was retired law enforcement carrying under leosa banned too. The security officer stated no I could not ccw in the park but if I was a active leo and off duty I could ccw in the park off duty. I then returned my gun to my car and then entered the park only because my wife and kids were already in the park.

KBCraig

I think that's the case for all Herschend parks. Jack Herschend was known as active in conservative Republican circles in Missouri, but he was never a gun guy (even though Silver Dollar City traditionally had a gunsmith making muzzleloaders). When Missouri went shall-issue, he fought hard to keep SDC as a gun free zone.

Now that the company is out of the family's hands, it's just another corporate entity.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act
18 USC §926C. Carrying of concealed firearms by qualified retired law enforcement officers
(a)
Notwithstanding any other provision of the law of any State or any political subdivision thereof, an individual who is a qualified retired law enforcement officer and who is carrying the identification required by subsection (d) may carry a concealed firearm that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, subject to subsection (b).
(b) This section shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of any State that--
(1) permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property; or

In other words, private property - their rules.

SFCRetired

What irritates this Old Soldier to no end is that most of us who made a career of the military, officer or enlisted, have far more firearms training than do many in law enforcement. I will also note that many of us who were career status made it our business to study and understand civilian law regarding the use of deadly force both while we were still in and after we retired.

Just for the record: Yes, there are many in LE who have worked to get and maintain a high level of firearms training. But there are many that make me nervous when I see them handling their sidearms unnecessarily.