• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Door Sign: Firearms Welcome Here

EricDailey X-NRA

Has anyone seen a standard door sign for North Carolina businesses to post that welcomes patrons who carry? Do any of the 2A organizations publish something we can pass around?

Smith45acp

Gander Mountain has a sweet sign on the way in the store.

"All firearms and bows brought in for repair and quotes but be cased and checked in at cust. service.

This does not apply to our customers that are legally carrying a firearm openly or concealed on their person as state law permits."

First time I've seen a pro-OC specific sign.

I tried to post the photo but no dice.

nobama

When I started going there while OCing couple, three years ago, that sign said nothing about OC. only concealed carry. Thats cool. Dicks needs one.

EricDailey X-NRA

IDK about NC but I just saw this news cast about a min ago and was planning on posting it in a new thread here when I saw your question! perfect timing lol

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2011/may/24/greenville-signs-give-gun-owners-friendly-welcome-ar-1884693/

this could work in any state. it should be pretty easy to get ahold of

OCDO delivers.
Good job aosailor. Great link. I'll look into this. If this door sign works out, I can think of a few places I'd like to offer one to.

If this is the only one out there this guy is going to do real well.

chiefjason

Outdoor Supply in Hickory has this one. Sorry for the fuzzy camera pic. The text says, "Lawful concealed carry permitted on these premises. Management recognizes the Second Ammendment to the U. S. Constitution as an inalienable right of all citizens. We therefore support and encourage the carrying of Concealed weapons."

GetAttachmentaspx-2.jpg

And this one from Smith's Tactical in Hickory/Conover area.

gunsign.jpg

chiefjason

Cheifjason, i suppose you have already seen this

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?1634-Chappell-Hill-TX-Bank-encourages-second-amendment

the only problem i have with it is the concealed carry part, but then again, i don't think open carry is allowed in Texas

Yeah, I've seen that. The one I posted says CC too, but I have never had an issue OC'ing in there. Dealt with nearly everyone in the store. I have paid a bit more for things just to support a company like that.

EricDailey X-NRA

Two Examples

These may be of interest. The RKBA oval and many more like it are found
http://shop.cafepress.com/rkba

The "Pro Gun Kit" is found

http://www.gunsignkits.com/products.html

I think the RKBA oval could be a good standard for all.

I really think that if a strong 2A group would offer distribution of a sign that we might see more posted.

Attachments

• pro guns kit.gif
    pro guns kit.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 468
  • rkba oval.jpg
    rkba oval.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

EricDailey X-NRA

This May Be Helpful

This image is free and I'd sure like to see this plastered around everywhere. It would be great if GRNC or someone like them would produce and distribute these. The page linked has other variations or format files.

"The Unity Symbol was created by Michael Lynch to provide a common, recognizable bond among those of us who support the right to keep and bear arms that is guaranteed us by the Constitution of the United States of America. GunLaws proudly displays the Unity Symbol, and is honored to host this page."

http://www.gunlaws.com/2ndunty.htm

Attachments

• unity3 symbol 2A.gif
    unity3 symbol 2A.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 316

since9

Campaign Veteran
These may be of interest.

I really think that if a strong 2A group would offer distribution of a sign that we might see more posted.

This one is very close to the "No Open Carry of Firearms" sign in the neighboring "Good"will store:

progunskit.gif

I'm sorely tempted to surreptitiously install it on top of the one thumbing its nose at the foundations of our nation.

BlackHillsToday

Firearms Welcome Stickers for .99 cents!

Has anyone seen a standard door sign for North Carolina businesses to post that welcomes patrons who carry? Do any of the 2A organizations publish something we can pass around?

Here is a great place to order single stickers for Firearms Welcome! These are high quality exterior (UV) vinyl stickers 3"x4" high. Order them here: at Firearms Welcome

FirearmsWelcome3x4-227x300.jpg

ncwabbit

your campaign would need to stick w/signs w/pictures as most citizens would be confused w/the initials only type signage or the we support 2A verbiage type signs since most aren't aware of the meaning nor the connection per se.

wabbit

byrnie_mac

The 'We The People" sticker looks great. However, a passerby isn't going to grasp it's meaning. A simple rocker up top or top and bottom saying something to the effect of: 'Firearms Welcome Here' would be a simple, effective change

ncwabbit

Here is a great place to order single stickers for Firearms Welcome! These are high quality exterior (UV) vinyl stickers 3"x4" high. Order them here: at Firearms Welcome

View attachment 9621

you know i would love to purchase a couple but clicking on the link you provided leads me to believe the only way is to get them through some nebulas organization paying by pay pal...i seek out another organization which i can reach out and touch.

wabbit

ps: the site's comment...'allow a couple of weeks for delivery' lends confidence to this buyer...nah i'll pass.

Last edited:

BlackHillsToday

We've been under serious production runs on this sticker.

you know i would love to purchase a couple but clicking on the link you provided leads me to believe the only way is to get them through some nebulas organization paying by pay pal...i seek out another organization which i can reach out and touch.

wabbit

ps: the site's comment...'allow a couple of weeks for delivery' lends confidence to this buyer...nah i'll pass.

We're under the "Gun", (pun intended) to keep these in stock, and we just ran another large batch and wanted to make sure everyone wasn't getting impatient if they never got their order in a week. So we basically was being up front, with the "Two Week" notice, however we are getting the orders right out, usually as fast as we get them. Also, you don't have to just pay through paypal, you can pay via credit card on the same link! (No PayPal account is required) It is just processed through PayPal on our end. Thanks for your comment though!

charlotte49er

We're under the "Gun", (pun intended) to keep these in stock, and we just ran another large batch and wanted to make sure everyone wasn't getting impatient if they never got their order in a week. So we basically was being up front, with the "Two Week" notice, however we are getting the orders right out, usually as fast as we get them. Also, you don't have to just pay through paypal, you can pay via credit card on the same link! (No PayPal account is required) It is just processed through PayPal on our end. Thanks for your comment though!

I realize that this is a VERY old thread. However I wanted to share something with y'all. One of my suppliers, Independent Sports Supply out of Georgia is sending me 15 of these to post around my store.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I realize that this is a VERY old thread. However I wanted to share something with y'all. One of my suppliers, Independent Sports Supply out of Georgia is sending me 15 of these to post around my store.

Is your business firearms related or are you just showing your support?

Special kudos if the latter.
icon14.png

Also welcome to OCDO.....even though you did enter through the RIP gate :lol:

Last edited:

charlotte49er

Is your business firearms related or are you just showing your support?

Special kudos if the latter.
icon14.png

Also welcome to OCDO.....even though you did enter through the RIP gate :lol:

LOL Yea, I was searching on additional signs for "Firearms Welcome Here" when I ran across this forum. (I knew I had to join.)

Yea, part of our business is firearms. I was thinking about putting up a sign, "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Berkas!" I'm sure I'd get sued over that one. :lol: