• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Edward L Kelly Leadership Center

Defrock

Does anyone know if the Edward L Kelly Leadership Center is a GFZ? It's not a school, but is owned by Prince William County school system. :confused:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It would seem that 18.2-308.1 would apply. http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?000+cod+18.2-308.1

I think the key here is that it specifically states "Elementary, middle, or high school grounds", not administrative buildings. thoughts?

Welcome (perhaps belatedly) to OCDO. Join VCDL www.vcdl.org and subscribe to the VA-ALERTS newsletter, and all thast.

According to PC Schools, there are no schools colocated or even within 1000 feet to make the GFZ apply. http://pwcs.schoolfusion.us/modules...15&sessionid=4b986b511a29340867c6f8b901ecbe7f

Just out of curiosity, why are you asking? As in, has anything happened or has anybody said anything to suggest it was a GFZ?

stay safe.

Defrock

Nothing has happened. I'm going to the PWC GOP meeting tonight which is being held there. They normally have it at a school, which precludes being armed. It's a bit of a sore spot with me, so this will be a good chance to show up and have and see if the county GOP is really as big a 2A supporter as they purport to be.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm going to put that in the + column. Whether they intended to or not, they picked a place that does not infringe on the 2A.

You may want to send them an atta-boy note, or you may think that doing so will get them to realize they slipped up. Hard to decide what to do.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm going to put that in the + column. Whether they intended to or not, they picked a place that does not infringe on the 2A.

You may want to send them an atta-boy note, or you may think that doing so will get them to realize they slipped up. Hard to decide what to do.

stay safe.

I'll give him a +P for his attitude.:dude:

Defrock

It went well. No problem. No crying children or mothers running scared. When I was leaving, Shak Hill, who is running for US Senate thanked me for my open carry commented that he was CC. :banana:

I'll be dropping a note to the Chairman to let him know that I appreciate his scheduling the meeting in a building that allows for lawful carry.