• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Emailing Sheriff

biggin215

imported post

I have decided to email the Rapides Parish sheriff and will call his office to see just what the big man says about open carry in this parish. I also might shoot an email over to the ole Governor Jindal. I know he is 100% supportive of the second ammendment, but it will probably take some time for an email to reply.

CaptainDan

imported post

biggin215 wrote:
I have decided to email the Rapides Parish sheriff and will call his office to see just what the big man says about open carry in this parish. I also might shoot an email over to the ole Governor Jindal. I know he is 100% supportive of the second ammendment, but it will probably take some time for an email to reply.
Can't wait to hear the reply, be sure to let us know.

CaptainDan

imported post

Not familiar with Alaska law, but here if you can buy a gun you can carry a gun. The laws are posted all over this site in one place or another word for word. I keep a copy printed at home . many of our members know them per batum , I,m sure someone ealse will jump in and give you article and title if you need it. Thease guys are an excellent source of information.

Dustin

imported post

biggin215 wrote:

Why ? Doesn't the LA Constitution already answer your question ?

I carry in Avoyelles and Rapides, I've never asked to :?

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

biggin215 wrote:
Quick question, is Louisiana considered a "no restrictions right to keep and bear arms state" such as Alaska?
No. The Louisiana Constitution, if taken at face value, would seem to indicate such for open carry only, with concealed carry being a state regulated thing. In actuality, there are a great many carry laws on the books which can get you hung up. You might ultimately win on appeal to the Louisiana Supreme Court, but it would be a lengthy and expensive fight.

RickMarc

imported post

Hey! I used to live in Glenmora and was there over the holidays. I asked a Sheriff deputy at the Sub-station in Glenmora what the law is on open carry ( jusst tring to feel him out) and he stated that "you can walk right down the street in Glenmora carrying any firearm and I dont see where any officer would bother you" I live in Rayville La ( Richland parish )now and I open carry frequently and never has anyone said anything to me about it.

Rick

biggin215

imported post

I received a generic reply about the 2nd ammendment from the governor's office.... go figure. It wasn't anything about open carry... it just said that the second amendment is supported.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

biggin215 wrote:
I received a generic reply about the 2nd ammendment from the governor's office.... go figure. It wasn't anything about open carry... it just said that the second amendment is supported.

They probably do not want to paint themselves in a legal corner by providing a legal response because then they have to side with that response should anything happen.

Michailxtz

Доброго времени суток.
Ваш форум мне показался очень привлекательным и перспективным. Хочу приобрести рекламное место для баннера в шапке, за $1500 в месяц. Оплачивать буду через WebMoney, 50% сразу, а 50% через 2 недели. И еще, адрес моего сайта https://enter-office.ru/ - он не будет противоречить тематике?
Спасибо! Напишите о Вашем решении мне в ПМ или на почту shinaminsk2015@gmail.com