• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Every Election..

The Wolfhound

We always hear that THIS election is the most important one, ever. Does anyone remember one where we stood to lose as much as is at stake this election? It occurs to me that each election actually is the most important as it is the only one you can affect "now". It goes back to the saying in marksmanship instruction: What is the most important shot in a series? The one you are taking NOW. You cannot change the ones you have already made and worrying about the ones you are about to take accomplishes nothing. Only this shot (or election) is in your control right now. Make it a good one.

My nation has my prayers and the work never stops but be sure you do not stay home today. Our national direction and your liberties are at stake. do your part.

solus

Alas the voting hasn’t even concluded yet and the soothsaying newspeek media is already putting out “what if” shock & awe forecasts proclaiming upsets of this individual over this incumbent which will immediately tip this balanced national issue sideways. Tis but a segue from Orwell’s 1984 to reality!

Believe it or not, Barack said it best...[paraphrasing] This is part of the up/down swings this country has had and will continual experience..

BTW, I still have excessive ammo bought during Obama’s first term of the ‘Hennie Penny rant the gun confiscation is just around the corner...’

added: our county election officials are advertising early voter turn out, huge influx of mailed ballots, in fact one county told local media...'we only have about a thousand voters who haven't voted yet...!' Really

Last edited:

blahpony

I voted before work today. I have some beer to drink this evening while I follow the results. Perhaps a pizza.

HP995

Is Fox News playing the West Coast "suppression" game* tonight by projecting Democrat House while GOP still leading?

Their own current score is 126 to 113 with GOP ahead, yet ">95%" probability of Dems Taking House. Hmmm....

* Trump talked about "suppression" in recent speeches, polls and voting "calls/decisions" that discourage people from voting while polls still open.

gutshot II

Is Fox News playing the West Coast "suppression" game* tonight by projecting Democrat House while GOP still leading?

Their own current score is 126 to 113 with GOP ahead, yet ">95%" probability of Dems Taking House. Hmmm....

* Trump talked about "suppression" in recent speeches, polls and voting "calls/decisions" that discourage people from voting while polls still open.

It seems that their "suppression game" has yielded the exact outcome that they predicted.

solus

The citizens [dead and alive] of this great country have been voting for political issues, politicians, judges, etc., for hundreds of years and one would presume this process would be a smooth as silk, nope!

This year in Raleigh/Durham’s wards the ballot scan machines refused/bulked at scanning citizen’s paper ballots- ostentatiously due to humidity, or the wrong paper for the ballot,mor the gap on the machine was to narrow, or....whatever the source of the malfunction, those citizen’s ballots went into ‘emergency’ plastic trashcan sized clear bags! Lots of ‘emergency’ bags were needed.

Polls closed at 1930L but results from Raleigh/Durham’s wards were still unavailable at 2200L when i when i got tired of the rhetoric and went to bed!

Surely, this idea of voting isn’t this difficult to pull off...is it?

The Wolfhound

The citizens [dead and alive] of this great country have been voting for political issues, politicians, judges, etc., for hundreds of years and one would presume this process would be a smooth as silk, nope!

This year in Raleigh/Durham’s wards the ballot scan machines refused/bulked at scanning citizen’s paper ballots- ostentatiously due to humidity, or the wrong paper for the ballot,mor the gap on the machine was to narrow, or....whatever the source of the malfunction, those citizen’s ballots went into ‘emergency’ plastic trashcan sized clear bags! Lots of ‘emergency’ bags were needed.

Polls closed at 1930L but results from Raleigh/Durham’s wards were still unavailable at 2200L when i when i got tired of the rhetoric and went to bed!

Surely, this idea of voting isn’t this difficult to pull off...is it?

The limiting factor is the amount of Democratic Party control over the process. By the time graft and corruption get passed around, the process has no chance and no one in charge of it will ever be taken to task for their failings.

Last edited:

HP995

Now I start to see the brilliance of it. GOP lost the House, but that was largely self-inflicted; a lot of NTs and RINOs retired in spite or protest rather than serve their country. And not lost by a massive margin.

Trump was dealt a challenging hand but played it well. Not only retaining and strengthening the Senate, but allowing the GOP to shave off some dead weight voluntarily. Painful, but it could be eventually gainful. Due the defectors and the nature of midterms the losses were going to happen, but he worked hard to make it a partial victory, and there's a decent chance that the new "Trumped" GOP will be able to win and achieve more in future than the old play-to-lose GOP.

I admire the man, his approach to politics and governing is amazing. (He's also destroyed the concept of political correctness outside of college campuses and some social media.) The only thing I don't admire was his flirtation with the Pam Bondi approach to gun law compromise. That hurt him some. If he can steer clear of that and avoid the temptation to negotiate with Dems on 2A and the other As, and manage to do something well-received on healthcare, he may pull off 2020 too.