• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fed Up 2

JoeSparky

Centurion
There was a thread started and closed before I found it. Basically, another poster provided a scenero where a lawful vehicle stop had been initiated and the officer "ordered" the driver out of the vehicle for the lofty reason of "officer safety" then proceeds to search the car. He then asked for state level cites as to an arrestable offense the officer could be arrest.

Comments with no importance to be placed on sequence of posting:

First, no mention was made as to whether this search was a consent based search. And if done WITHOUT consent of the driver and without warrant it was a violation of the driver's rights.

Second, Why jump to the need to find an "arrestable" crime? Would not a "good" constitution friendly officer witnessing these UNCONSTITUTIONAL actions simply let the offending officer know that he was violating the rights of a person? Would not a "good" officer who had UNINTENTIONALLY violated the rights of another STOP the unconstitutional act upon being told so by another officer?

Third: I view the continued violation of ones rights by another to be an action that MUST be answered for. We as citizens and residents within the confines of the United States of America do have the Constitutional right to seek redress for grievances. For another sworn officer to view or witness the violation of the rights of another WITHOUT intervention does make the witness and the offending officer "Bad" officers.

Grapeshot: my apologies but I just had to say this. Any penalties to be imposed for this will be accepted without complaint!

Logan 5

Well, I gotta say that not all cops are good and some cops are bad. All cops have their good days and bad days, and getting praise for doing good is the key to leading more cops to keep doing good. Cops hear all this crap about all of these bad cops and all of these bad things they do. Well, news flash- that is destructive to their effort to enforce the laws. It take a strong man (or woman) to do that kind of work and not acquire a certain level of callousness or negativity. As Oddball would say....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ

Fuller Malarkey

Well, I gotta say that not all cops are good and some cops are bad. All cops have their good days and bad days, and getting praise for doing good is the key to leading more cops to keep doing good. Cops hear all this crap about all of these bad cops and all of these bad things they do. Well, news flash- that is destructive to their effort to enforce the laws. It take a strong man (or woman) to do that kind of work and not acquire a certain level of callousness or negativity. As Oddball would say....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ

Would those standards be acceptable for airline pilots?

Logan 5

Would those standards be acceptable for airline pilots?

Nothing is acceptable for scareline pile-its. Sorry!

Last time I was on an airline was in 1992 when I was on my way home from the army. The scareline was, granted, the quickest way to and fro, but the stewardesses were quite impolite. I didn't ask for my busted leg and crutches, nor the snotty remarks.

Next time, considering my previous experience and TSA's well known misconduct, I'll either take the bus, train or drive or worse- hitchhike.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Should have just added the OP's thoughts into the original thread ... not certain which thread he is referencing either.

stealthyeliminator

Nope, that was definitely NOT the reason I started this thread.

Yeah, I guess my comment was more directed toward the original Fed Up thread. Yours is really about a different subject (what the original thread evolved to), just borrowing the title. I don't really know why the other thread was closed. So the topic changed - at least it changed to something far more interesting than the original topic, which was essentially just a complaint.

509rifas

Is the original thread still readable?
That sounds fishy to me. My state has a strong state constitutional protection against that, so a lot of my knowledge on that is based on state case law (that would be very unlawful in WA) but even under 4A I believe that is a violation unless there is articulable reason to believe the detainee could access weapons there, and still that would be a sticky area if anything gets found, but if that's what the cop is used to doing then "it was in plain sight" is what would get written down.

Always record!!!!

Gil223

It looks like making threads to complain about forum trends is becoming a forum trend...
I've noticed that trend also. It seems to be coming mainly from a few relatively new arrivals. If they don't like the forum, yet continue to maintain a presence here, I can only assume that whining is their primary purpose for being here. Surely they don't think they can drive those of us who have been here for awhile off... or do they? This is for them - :p Pax...

Last edited: