• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally!

pawn99

After my long and dreadful wait...county gun board had there meeting the 13th on regards to my cpl..and i got approved and it came in the mail today on the 15th!

pawn99

That's TODAY ! Hooray !

Now don't celebrate by shooting your guns off ....

Wait until tomorrow at least.

Haha awh man :( i was hoping to give my town some nice 40 S&W fireworks to celebrate :( guess ill have to lock the gun up and drink some beer and celebrate! :D haha

pawn99

Thanks everyone. I'd like to do a walk i havent done one before with someone else. Needa find some carry friendlies with cpls to walk with :)

casper

Thanks everyone. I'd like to do a walk i havent done one before with someone else. Needa find some carry friendlies with cpls to walk with :)
Why do they need CPL's if they are open carrying ? Do you now think your above the others without one ? You can go a lot of places that don't require a CPL.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I think he was referring to a Wally Walk, no CPL no walk. Which of course IS stupid.

Beyond STUPID, flat out retarded. Here in AZ any law abiding citizen of age can carry in wally world, krogers/frys, 7-11/Circle k or any other place that sells unopened containers of booze... all without a CPL /CCW.
Guess what? No drunks shooting little kids & old ladies.... MI law in this matter is flat out wrong! To assume merely being in a area that has CLOSED containers of booze, makes one dangerous without a special permission slip from the state speaks volumes of what your leaders really think about "their" people in general. :( If I were a LEO, I would find it very hard to enforce this law as it runs contrary to the 2A, & Art.1A Sec. 6 of the MI constitution. Where do they say carry for defense "execpt if there is beer, wine, etc.. for sale for use off the property?" Are there not laws on the books against being intoxicated & carrying a gun? Of course there are! So to me the whole purpose of such laws are to keep as many in MI defenseless as possible by proxy. Rant off. God save the good people of MI, as clearly your leaders won't. :confused:

Last edited:

pawn99

Why do they need CPL's if they are open carrying ? Do you now think your above the others without one ? You can go a lot of places that don't require a CPL.

No? Did i say that? Yes you can go alot of places with one. But theres also alot of grey areas. I open carry without a cpl for months. No one is above anyone and i shouldn't have to get a bs " cpl " for my god given right to defend myself.. And i was referring to a wally walk.

Golden Eagle

No? Did i say that? Yes you can go alot of places with one. But theres also alot of grey areas. I open carry without a cpl for months. No one is above anyone and i shouldn't have to get a bs " cpl " for my god given right to defend myself.. And i was referring to a wally walk.

I too am confused by the comments here but I'm in Sturgis once a week lets keep in touch.

Mendon's riverfest is tonight with fireworks. I'll be there at Feeks Tactical OCing. :)

Last edited:

pawn99

I too am confused by the comments here but I'm in Sturgis once a week lets keep in touch.

Mendon's riverfest is tonight with fireworks. I'll be there at Feeks Tactical OCing. :)

I forgot about that :/ im actually at work. I work thirds. Feeks is a great place. Thats where i took my cpl class. But ok for sure. If ya shop at krogers ya may seen me around.