• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearm Registration

sudden valley gunner

Went down town to HPD, to do the required registration. Although a completely useless and ridiculous unconstitutional (State and Federal) exercise.

I found the guys being the glass to be professional, courteous and friendly.

sudden valley gunner

I guess you did; I didn't read the title of the thread, just the post on the new posts thing.

I didn't move. But lived here before and come back and forth fairly often.
Did have a great day at the range today. Wore my empty holster all day , some good conversations with some folks. They are hoping that things will change and there are a growing gun community in this state.

My brother-in-law had to get to the gun range one hr. early to get our benches (it's a large range) and there were already choke people there.

junglebob

I didn't move. But lived here before and come back and forth fairly often.
Did have a great day at the range today. Wore my empty holster all day , some good conversations with some folks. They are hoping that things will change and there are a growing gun community in this state.

My brother-in-law had to get to the gun range one hr. early to get our benches (it's a large range) and there were already choke people there.

I suggest you get a group like www.illinoiscarry.com going in Hawaii to promote right to carry legislation and get yours changed to shall issue. Get your LTC for the entire state, not this county only sillyness. We don't have license to carry legislation yet but this year for Gun Owners Lobby Day at the state capitol we had around 8000 or more people show up. Last year we had about 5000. If things go well in November Bill Brady will be elected and he supports carry.

sudden valley gunner

I suggest you get a group like www.illinoiscarry.com going in Hawaii to promote right to carry legislation and get yours changed to shall issue. Get your LTC for the entire state, not this county only sillyness. We don't have license to carry legislation yet but this year for Gun Owners Lobby Day at the state capitol we had around 8000 or more people show up. Last year we had about 5000. If things go well in November Bill Brady will be elected and he supports carry.

I don't live here although might move back sooner or later.

I agree we need a group. I think though that much of that will change there are a few cases in the 9th circuit that will basically force Hawaii to change many of its gun laws. So some of us our waiting for those cases before acting.

ManInBlack

I don't live here although might move back sooner or later.

I agree we need a group. I think though that much of that will change there are a few cases in the 9th circuit that will basically force Hawaii to change many of its gun laws. So some of us our waiting for those cases before acting.

Undoubtedly, it will have to come from above, for I am all but certain that Hawaii is past the tipping point for a political solution; i.e.: there are too many entrenched members of the tax-feeding class for the the tax-paying class to ever regain control.

END_THE_FED

Wont you feel strange supporting a man named "Brady" though? LOL

Mike

Site Co-Founder
At least its easy to do in hawaii and they give a few days to do it when you move in; even California is pretty easy this was too (handguns); but New York & DC make it hard - no new resident leeway to bring your guns in and then register

sudden valley gunner

At least its easy to do in hawaii and they give a few days to do it when you move in; even California is pretty easy this was too (handguns); but New York & DC make it hard - no new resident leeway to bring your guns in and then register

Yes I remember before the Clinton gun ban, guns were a lot more common, I used to bring them back and forth all the time. NY and DC were already problems at that time.

It is also easier to buy your gun somewhere else and bring it in than to go through the process of getting a pistol there.