• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time OC on the motorcycle

therealcombat

I got this sweet new thigh holster for riding in hot weather. Went for my first ride OC this evening. I didn't have any issues with people. if anything, riding OC was a plus because NOT ONE PERSON TAIL GATED ME!

I usually ride too fast to be tail gated, but whenever i try to obey the speed limit there is always someone on my ass. I road the speed limit today from downtown Longview to south of Kalama and back. Not one person got close to my rear. Definitely a positive experience!

sultan62

I also OC on motorcycle occasionally, though I haven't noticed a difference. However, I'm usually out in the country when I ride. I'll have to figure it out the next time I'm riding in town.

aktion

Congratulations! I've been open carrying on my motorcycle for a couple of years now, and without incident. Areas as different as Ballard in Seattle (very leftist), to Kitsap and North Pierce County. All around the Puget Sound, really, no problem. Only weird moment was passing a convoy of Strykers southbound I-5; seems every hatch had a head poking out, and they all stared at me with thigh holster on as I rode by and waved.

All the best on future rides.

TechnoWeenie

We need an OC ride.

Hmmm would that be considered a legal out door activity? Than Poo can join us.......:LOL:

armedrider.jpg

heresolong

Welcome to the board. I've been OCing on my motorcycle as long as I've been OCing and never had a problem or noticed a difference. I use the same holsters I use for regular carry, a Fobus for the 45 and a Galco for the Walther. I am now to the point where I don't even think about it any more as it's so routine. A nice place to be.

k.rollin

I want in on this too. I just got one of my two bikes running again. I just need to make it street legal again, so if anyone has a source for a headlight from a Buell Lightning/Ulysses, BMW Enduro, or a KTM Duke, give me a heads up. :)

sudden valley gunner

I want in on this too. I just got one of my two bikes running again. I just need to make it street legal again, so if anyone has a source for a headlight from a Buell Lightning/Ulysses, BMW Enduro, or a KTM Duke, give me a heads up. :)

Try Cycle Therapy, Tim is a great guy is into guns and never rips people off.