• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Former ATF Agent to Speak at Anti-gun Group's Event - 3/10/19 - Lexington Library

poetdante

Everyone is invited to the Central Kentucky Area Volunteers Meeting. Former ATF agent and trainer Karl Stankovic will be our featured speaker, talking about guns 101: what every Moms Demand Action volunteer needs to know.

Northside Branch Library
1737 Russell Cave Rd, Lexington, Kentucky 40505

Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 2 PM – 4 PM

Usually that group has their meetings in churches with armed security to keep pro-gun folks out. Public library makes a difference.

I won't be able to make it but if you have questions for a former ATF-agent this might be a good event. I went a couple years back and the speaker was a Lexington police officer. He conveyed a rather pro-gun message, countering the anti-gunners' lies, and the women in red shirts started crying. He even played the Eddie Eagle (NRA program) video.

Ghost1958

Can't make it. Already agreed to attend birthday /anniversary party for some good friends.

Besides I have no desire to be near demanding moms or a Fed ATF oath violating , agent former or active .

Demanding mom's have no sway in ky as just proven yesterday .

May they watch soccer games in the rain.

eye95

I would like to come from Ohio.

I am sure the carry at the event would be prohibited. Any advice on carrying to the event? Where to park, what to do with the firearm, etc.

If others are coming, where can we meet up?

poetdante

Can't make it. Already agreed to attend birthday /anniversary party for some good friends.

Besides I have no desire to be near demanding moms or a Fed ATF oath violating , agent former or active .

Demanding mom's have no sway in ky as just proven yesterday .

May they watch soccer games in the rain.

I wouldn't say they have no sway. Last year lots of members on the House Judiciary Committee said the opposition to gun bills was why they voted no

poetdante

I would like to come from Ohio.

I am sure the carry at the event would be prohibited. Any advice on carrying to the event? Where to park, what to do with the firearm, etc.

If others are coming, where can we meet up?
It is a public library. I believe this library is just a regular public library and not part of any K-12 school system. At public places, you can openly or conceal carry. There may be a "no concealed weapons" sign on the door, it carries not criminal penalties except that you may be asked to leave until you are no longer conceal carrying, at which point just openly carry. This isn't the library that I visited on my last such excursion but I open carried to that one.

eye95

It is a public library. I believe this library is just a regular public library and not part of any K-12 school system. At public places, you can openly or conceal carry. There may be a "no concealed weapons" sign on the door, it carries not criminal penalties except that you may be asked to leave until you are no longer conceal carrying, at which point just openly carry. This isn't the library that I visited on my last such excursion but I open carried to that one.
Thank you.

ps1mhd

They can not stop you from open carrying.
Have been to a MDA meeting in one in Covington and have been in one in lex.
Both times OC. Will try to make it.

Mike D

poetdante

Policies of the Lexington Public Library can be seen here:

Thanks! I only see reference to "illegal weapons". Rather vague and unenforceable. I guess if you are carrying an unregistered full-auto sbr to the library, being asked to leave would be the least of your worries, but who would know it was unregistered and thus illegal?

They can not stop you from open carrying.
Have been to a MDA meeting in one in Covington and have been in one in lex.
Both times OC. Will try to make it.

Mike D

I have made it to a Covington and Lexington meeting. I and a couple others open carried at both. It was glorious.

Ghost1958

I wouldn't say they have no sway. Last year lots of members on the House Judiciary Committee said the opposition to gun bills was why they voted no

Well that and the bill was horrible.

But ill stand corrected.

They sway a Lil bit lol.

poetdante

So far I have had 2-3 people tell me they are going (not on here, other froums or private messages to friends on the book of faces). I'll try to post a second-hand report if it comes up.

eye95

I plan on attending. I would like to arrive in Lexington at noonish. Anyone care to meet up for lunch beforehand? I can’t seem to get a meet and greet going in Ohio, so I’d love to hang with our Kentucky neighbors.

gutshot II

Well that does it. I have been unable to decide if I was going or not, but the possibility of meeting you has made the decision for me. I''ll be there.