• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Freaked Customer

Rusty Young Man

I apologize if I came off as confrontational; guess I should have used a few emoticons so people wouldn't read it in a foaming-at-the-mouth tone.:p Maybe my not wanting her to be wrongfully arrested or shot by police was the reason I posted the last sentence?;)

At any rate, Nicole Lynch seemed to understand my intent and tone (after all, she didn't attack me for my response to her post). Hope everyone here understands my intent, sees that I accept my post lacked some finesse (with the sentence structure out of order as well), and we can all let this go (again, my apologies to Nicole Lynch especially).

I haven't had the time to log on til today, and I come to find this happened from one of my posts. On the plus side, good to see people sticking up for new members (still remember that).:)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I apologize if I came off as confrontational; guess I should have used a few emoticons so people wouldn't read it in a foaming-at-the-mouth tone.:p Maybe my not wanting her to be wrongfully arrested or shot by police was the reason I posted the last sentence?;)

At any rate, Nicole Lynch seemed to understand my intent and tone (after all, she didn't attack me for my response to her post). Hope everyone here understands my intent, sees that I accept my post lacked some finesse (with the sentence structure out of order as well), and we can all let this go (again, my apologies to Nicole Lynch especially).

I haven't had the time to log on til today, and I come to find this happened from one of my posts. On the plus side, good to see people sticking up for new members (still remember that).:)

We may ruffle each others feathers occassionally, but for the most part we are friends on the same team......we are brothers & sisters in the same family :)

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Still here and am now receiving OCDO fringe benefits (thanks John): free parking at any public library if there on "company business", no charge use of interstate highway rest stops, and can now log-on to OCDO at any hour of the day AND am allowed to eat while "working."
We're all equal, but some of us are clearly more equal than others!! <harumph> :dude:

solus

Still here and am now receiving OCDO fringe benefits (thanks John): free parking at any public library if there on "company business", no charge use of interstate highway rest stops, and can now log-on to OCDO at any hour of the day AND am allowed to eat while "working."

Psst - please don't tell John I do that last one, he might not approve :lol:

wait, hold on... wait, still cant type as i am laughing way too hard to type...whew, thats better, ah wiping the tears from my eyes...YOU'V COME A LONG WAY BABY (ruff quote from telly s)... congratulations on the promotion w/frige benefits...

is john at least going to buy your holiday dinner today?

ipse

Last edited:

solus

what grapeshot said: ...we are brothers & sisters in the same family!

We're all equal, but some of us are clearly more equal than others!! <harumph> :dude:

much to the consternation of one of the buckeye posters we all bring a common passion to the forum as such I will thrust a mug of eggnog in the air as a salute to that concept!!

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
wait, hold on... wait, still cant type as i am laughing way too hard to type...whew, thats better, ah wiping the tears from my eyes...YOU'V COME A LONG WAY BABY (ruff quote from telly s)... congratulations on the promotion w/frige benefits...

is john at least going to buy your holiday dinner today?

ipse
Understand that "coming a long way" can take a lifetime to get there - I should have started earlier. :p

Unfortunately, I will be working most of the holiday (double time though) so it may be a BBJ while chained to the desk - not.

Will have the opportunity to spend time and eat hearty with family and friends - that is the greatest blessing than a man can have and I am truly well blessed.

bc.cruiser

cant say for fear of loosing my job

What kind of store is it that would fire you for responding correctly to a customer? Were you supposed to refer the customer to a manager instead of responding directly? Or does the store "allow" guns but does not want to be seen as encouraging them? Inquiring minds, and all that........

Logan 5

I figure if I'm in that position and a customer comes to tell me about someone packing an iron, I figure I'll solve that problem easy- "Yes ma'am, we are aware of that and we are watching him closely. Thank you very much for your attentiveness!". And then go back to work.

Maverick9

Psst - please don't tell John I do that last one, he might not approve :lol:

Careful there good buddy (hey you brought it up)

(look at the fern in the corner...)

hqdefault.jpg

Baked on Grease

I figure if I'm in that position and a customer comes to tell me about someone packing an iron, I figure I'll solve that problem easy- "Yes ma'am, we are aware of that and we are watching him closely. Thank you very much for your attentiveness!". And then go back to work.

I'd happily inform him that I am carrying too. Then remark that the dudes gun looks nice.