• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FriendOrFoe.us New Version Released

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
Well, it's been long overdue, but I finally got around to finishing the 4th version of the Friend or Foe site. This one was a major overhaul, and makes it mobile friendly, and you are now able to manage your own ratings. If you have an old account, you will probably need to reset the password before logging in, as I wanted a clean slate of active user accounts for this version. If you see anything that looks like a bug, let me know...it was almost an entire rewrite.

If you haven't heard about the site (I haven't posted here in a few years...life, it's busy), you can check it out at http://friendorfoe.us

Thanks! And, carry on!

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
I modified the Places page so you can see it without logging in, and made the last name field optional. I used to allow anonymous additions to the map, but decided to make additions require an account. I don't use the name for anything on the site, just to communicate if there's an issue adding a place, etc.

HP995

Very nice map! But the front page would benefit from an attractive static preview image to hint what the site is all about! It took me a while to catch on at first.

FreedomVA

very nice, sir and excellent work......

Between yours and CCW/Posted appz i can get all the info i need to keep away from the Communist.

Will there be a mobile appz to follow in the future?

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
very nice, sir and excellent work......

Between yours and CCW/Posted appz i can get all the info i need to keep away from the Communist.

Will there be a mobile appz to follow in the future?

My hope was that this would be mobile friendly enough to not have to do an app. :LOL:

Let me know what you'd like to see out of it that it doesn't do and I can probably add it to the site. And, good luck dodging the commies. They are everywhere these days.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
Very nice map! But the front page would benefit from an attractive static preview image to hint what the site is all about! It took me a while to catch on at first.

I agree...that was just the easiest place for me to get the info about the new version in front of everyone. I will move that elsewhere soon and put up a nice front page.

FreedomVA

My hope was that this would be mobile friendly enough to not have to do an app. :LOL:

Let me know what you'd like to see out of it that it doesn't do and I can probably add it to the site. And, good luck dodging the commies. They are everywhere these days.

Gun range tie to waze or google map would be nice?

What about something similiar to "gas buddy" but "ammo buddy"?

eye95

I was able to sign up. The map didn’t always cooperate, but that could be because I am using an iPad.

I added a review of Cinepolis in Dayton (negative). This is a resource I intend to use. Thank you.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
I was able to sign up. The map didn’t always cooperate, but that could be because I am using an iPad.

I added a review of Cinepolis in Dayton (negative). This is a resource I intend to use. Thank you.

I'll test on my iPad and see if I see anything. If you can tell me something specific that didn't work it will help. Thanks.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Well, it's been long overdue, but I finally got around to finishing the 4th version of the Friend or Foe site. This one was a major overhaul, and makes it mobile friendly, and you are now able to manage your own ratings. If you have an old account, you will probably need to reset the password before logging in, as I wanted a clean slate of active user accounts for this version. If you see anything that looks like a bug, let me know...it was almost an entire rewrite.

If you haven't heard about the site (I haven't posted here in a few years...life, it's busy), you can check it out at http://friendorfoe.us

Thanks! And, carry on!

Wait... YOU'RE the guy who does Friend of Foe? OUTSTANDING JOB!!! I have added a few dozen places over the years.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
Gun range tie to waze or google map would be nice?

What about something similiar to "gas buddy" but "ammo buddy"?

I could add a list of gun ranges, or at least let users add ratings for them and have an identifier to select that it is a gun range, then have a way to filter for them.

Not sure if ammo buddy type functionality is within scope, I already use ammoseek.com with good results.

FreedomVA

I could add a list of gun ranges, or at least let users add ratings for them and have an identifier to select that it is a gun range, then have a way to filter for them.

Not sure if ammo buddy type functionality is within scope, I already use ammoseek.com with good results.

That would be a nice add-on, GB...

ammo seek is nice to buy bulk online, it would be nice when driving around, i can pull up local shops with ammo on sale or lowest price

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
That would be a nice add-on, GB...

ammo seek is nice to buy bulk online, it would be nice when driving around, i can pull up local shops with ammo on sale or lowest price

The hard part would be getting that data. If users supply it, it may be a one day or weekend sale, so adding and removing the info timely would be the issue. I'll think about how to do it.