• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get off my lawn . . . . !

Haz.

I know, not good, but I wouldn't be surprised if they drove this old bloke insane with their; You shall not clear your legally owned private property, harassment. And they issue huge fines!

"Department of Environment and Heritage worker killed in Moree

By ERYK BAGSHAW
July 30, 2014, 6:30 a.m.
A Department of Environment and Heritage worker is believed to have been shot dead while attending a property 55km north of Moree.

Police confirmed a 51-year-old man had been killed at a property on the Newell Highway around 5.40pm on Tuesday.

Police say they arrested a 79-year-old Moree man at a nearby property without incident just before 11pm. He is assisting police with their inquiries at Moree police station.
A source at the department said the worker was a father of six and had been serving a notice on an elderly man at the property when he was shot.

The man was receiving the notice because he was suspected of illegally clearing vegetation.

Another worker was with the victim when he was shot, the department source - who did not wish to be named - said. He is understood to be in shock but is otherwise uninjured.
The elderly man had been served previous notices for illegal clearing on his property and around the Croppa Creek area.

The victim had informed the man that there would be a formal inspection of his property tomorrow.

Fairfax Media understands the workers were shot at multiple times."

Plus;

A few more armed robberies with gun and axe, a few savage home invasions and car nappings over the past two days suggest our gun control laws are a dismal failure.
Now our gubmint, is going to introduce legislation which;

Those now unemployed in Australia must do 25 hours community service per week, + apply for 40 jobs per month, (Jobs which do not exist at this time), or their unemployment benefits will be terminated. Watch this space. Crime on the increase for sure.

Last edited:

DW98

Tragic. Not the first time it's happened either.

why can't he clear his own property?

That's what I was wondering.

Those now unemployed in Australia must do 25 hours community service per week, + apply for 40 jobs per month, (Jobs which do not exist at this time), or their unemployment benefits will be terminated. Watch this space. Crime on the increase for sure.

That will be a roaring success I bet :rolleyes:

I'd like to know where they expect unemployed people in rural areas, where unemployment is high and increasing (especially youth unemployment) to find all these jobs. I'm having enough trouble finding work in a city of 4 million.

I assume people will just apply for jobs they know they won't get.

Last edited: