• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Go FL ~ leading numbers in arrest of young/prepubescent children...

solus

23 Sept Sun Sentinel:

Orlando Police Department Officer Dennis Turner, who sparked national outrage after arresting two 6-year-old students at a charter school last week, has been fired, Chief Orlando Rolón said Monday evening.

Earlier in the day, State Attorney Aramis Ayala confirmed that her office would not prosecute the children and is working to clear their records. [working to clear ~ really??]

...Turner had in the past been involved in a child abuse case. It appeared he was referring to a 1998 case in which Turner, then 37, was arrested by Apopka police after officials found welts and bruises on his 7-year-old son’s arms and chest. Rolón said an OPD internal affairs investigation sustained allegations against Turner and he was disciplined.

...arresting children as young as 6 is unfortunately not unheard of, noting that Florida remains one of the states with the highest number of child arrests, and that the Ninth Judicial Circuit, which includes Orange and Osceola counties, led the state in youth arrests in 2018.

The Nixon academy, which had 116 elementary students enrolled at the end of last school year, earned a D on Florida’s annual school report card issued this summer. Unquote

Sorry, FL leads child arrests what in the world is going on in this nation when young & prepubescent children are even considered arrest able.

The LEFT/RIGHT governmental entities need to pull their heads out and get a grip on reality...working to clear...should never even put in the “system” in the first place!

Reactions: HLB

JTHunter2

The video ended with the reporter stating that the school had released a statement saying that the staff had handled the situation "calmly and with compassion". Compassion?? REALLY?!?!? 🤪👎

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Dougy, why would you insult and humiliate me online? you know my education level is only on 6th gradez, you're such an internat BULLY, it really hurt my feelings
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. To have you believe he hurt your feelings means you value his opinion or thoughts towards you. If I were you I would reevaluate your position.

On the other hand, if you are hoping for an apology, I would not hold my breath.