• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Golf course?

tombrewster421

So I searched the forum and only found one thread from NM that had not recieved any replies. So I was wondering if anyone has ever OC'd while golfing. I would assume that at least courses that are owned and operated by city or county parks should fall under preemption. So, anybody ever try it?

amlevin

I used to have a 12 ga in my golf bag. 18"bbl Mossberg. Put a condom over the muzzle to keep stuff out of the bore and put it muzzle down in the bag. Covered the butt with a ski hat that had a large tassle on it. Looked like a golf club cover and I could just grab the tassle to remove it. Makes the bag a little heavy but that's what carts are for.

Metalhead47

I used to have a 12 ga in my golf bag. 18"bbl Mossberg. Put a condom over the muzzle to keep stuff out of the bore and put it muzzle down in the bag. Covered the butt with a ski hat that had a large tassle on it. Looked like a golf club cover and I could just grab the tassle to remove it. Makes the bag a little heavy but that's what carts are for.

Sounds like something out of a movie :cool:

Wouldn't that be considered concealing a long gun though?

amzbrady

My golf bag actually has a holster pocket on the front that will hold most large frame hand guns. I carried once but it was too uncomfortable. Unfortunatly now my clubs are in storage, and I'll have to use rentals. But then again, most that see me play, dont consider what I do "playing golf".

amlevin

Sounds like something out of a movie :cool:

Wouldn't that be considered concealing a long gun though?

Could be but

a) it's not on my person
b) it's not in a vehicle (licensed vehicle on public highway)
c) if nobody knows it't there is it really there?
d) it's a "peashooter" compared to what the Secret Service puts in their golf bags.

Just as a side note, I have played on courses in Colorado where I've seen bear, deer, and rattlesnakes on the course. The most beautiful of those courses was Arrowhead in the SW Denver area.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
There was a discussion on this issue but I cannot find what forum or where it is located.

I believe it had to do with a par 3 course in Kent (Riverbend ??).

Generally the issue was as you stated it was city owned with signage prohibiting firearms and when it was addressed it was legal to carry as state preemption applies.

2019 W Meeker St
Kent, WA 98032-4216
United States
Toll Free: (877) 224-3250
F: (253) 856-6190
http://www.riverbendgolfcomplex.com

9.02.350 Possession of firearms or dangerous weapons at Kent Commons – Unlawful.

A. Subject to the exceptions set forth in subsections (B) and (C) of this section, it shall be unlawful for any person to possess a firearm; a dagger, sword, or knife with a blade in excess of three (3) inches; or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, inside of the premises known as the Kent Commons located at 525 North Fourth Avenue in the city of Kent.

B. The prohibition to possession of a firearm shall not apply to a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon pursuant to RCW 9.41.070 or a person exempted from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060.

C. This section shall not apply during shows, demonstrations, or lectures involving the exhibition of firearms or other weapons.

D. For the purposes of this section, firearm means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder.

E. This section shall only apply to those areas of the Kent Commons that are within the Kent Commons building or that are contained to an area adjacent to the building by a temporary barrier during use for an event hosted by the Kent Commons.

F. A person who violates this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

(Ord. No. 3621, § 2, 10-1-02)

Last edited: