• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good OC experience in Port Orchard today

sirpuma

imported post

Had to go in and fix a brain fart on a state pistol transfer form. Got a phone call as I was walking to the Sheriffs office, so I stood outside for about 10-15 minutes chatting with a potential customer. Several people passed by without comment, though I think one looked at my gun. One Deputy came out and said "hi" and went about his business. Then I went in and like the other day the nice lady behind the counter (who looks a bit like the blond officer in Reno 911) didn't bat an eye when I came in. I asked her for the records lady and explained what happened with the form. So she called the record lady out (Donna, I think). So I'm chatting with the records lady and fixing the form and she suddenly notices that I'm armed. She says to the clerk lady (gasp)"Did you know this man is armed?!?!" Response "Yeah, he can do that." Record lady "Oh, ok." I finished my business and left without trouble. It was all smiles and happy dance.:celebrate

Those folks are great. I'm gonna have to send an email to the Sheriff and congratulate him on his cool staff.