• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got my Oregon non-resident permit in 25 days

kparker

imported post

The sheriff presumbably made an inquiry as part of the background check, but I didn't have to include any such letter as part of the application.

Actually, though the "mental health letter" does ring a bell with me, I can't actually find any such mention on the WCSD web site. Where exactly did you see it?

coyote 30

imported post

I just renewed(July 2008)my non resident Oregon CHL for the second time in Multnomah county and the mental health letter is no longer required at least in Multnomah county. All I had to add extra was a letter stating my reasons why I wanted a CHL in Oregon.

The first CHL I got in Multnomah county 8 years ago and my renewal 4 years ago required the mental health letter from the state of WA. but like I said it is no longer needed.

This last renewal in July was the fastest and easiest I have ever had in Multnomah county. After turning in my application I had the permit in about 2 weeks.

jchen012

imported post

I see that the form has changed since the last time I saw it. Good to know that they got rid of it. And thanks for the info on the Oregon CPL! Looks like Columbia County is the way to go!