• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great idea for applying for a permit

eric55

imported post

jdgypsy wrote:
That is the problem with NJ law and the idiots who run the place and enforce them. If the card says you can, I assume it does in on one, then you should and can do it. The response is "hope you have deep pockets" and I agree with that statement.

The issue is that if the card says it and you do it, you face the extreme of getting locked up or at a minimum a empty piggy bank.

Get out while you can, if everyone was to eventually get outta there, what money would they make? Speeding tickets for those who have no choice but to pass thru and the TOLLS they have to pay. I know, it's unrealistic, but talk about teaching that state a lesson. If only........
your very right i would leave in a second i'm just tied up here work kids schools etc... but if i had to do it all over i would have gotten out of here as soon as i got married 11 years ago) but lemme tell you it wont last long cause i'm one leg out already.

Pyrodox

imported post

Sound like you're in the same situation as I am. Family keeps me here, I wish I could move out of this State.

Oh, you can have your FID revoked as well if you prove to be a "danger to society." So I'm pretty sure if you carried an unloaded long gun, you'd be charged with endangering the public or disturbing the peace and have your FID revoked anyway. Then you wouldn't be allowed to own your long guns at all.

I've also read the laws and thought about this... But, knowing NJ's track record, like others have said, it won't do anything but turn you into "another criminal with a gun."

I also recently read that a man in Toms River, NJ, was arrested for being in possession of a firearm ON HIS OWN PROPERTY. Apparently, now, the clause in NJ Legislature that says it's legal to have your firearm at your home or place of business DOES NOT apply if the firearm is "in public view." If someone can see your firearm, on your own property or not, it's illegal.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

The incident in Toms River doesn't surprise me, not because it was in TR but in NJ. Typical crap.
I was in a store down here in TX getting reloading supplies today and over heard a conversation on speaker phone between shop owner and guy who lives down here. He was in Maine and flying back but needs to stop in NJ over night on a flight back to here. He needs to send his rifles back through an FFL because he knows he can't get the gun back on a plane while checking in on his flight in NJ the following day. How much crap is that. Felt sorry for the guy.

Pyrodox

imported post

jdgypsy wrote:
The incident in Toms River doesn't surprise me, not because it was in TR but in NJ. Typical crap.
I was in a store down here in TX getting reloading supplies today and over heard a conversation on speaker phone between shop owner and guy who lives down here. He was in Maine and flying back but needs to stop in NJ over night on a flight back to here. He needs to send his rifles back through an FFL because he knows he can't get the gun back on a plane while checking in on his flight in NJ the following day. How much crap is that. Felt sorry for the guy.
Yeah, not a surprise at all, unfortunately.

It's kinda funny, actually. I talk to my friend about this a lot, whenever we see some new story about Jersey's wonderful gun laws and how they protect everyone... Or how some random Joe is now a dirty criminal because he dared even look at a firearm and NJ didn't like it, we can't do anything but think to ourselves "what a joke."

The sad thing is no matter what political powers that be take reigns at the state, it never changes. NJ is locked into this downward spiral of ridiculous gun control and there's really nothing anyone who lives here can seem to do to change it.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

It's sad. I grew up there and never knew better. After living in TX 5 years and then for a short time in Boise ID and back to TX I learned a lot from friends I made in both places. I learned about my 2A rights! Growing up in NJ at a young age, I knew of my rights but they were suppressed, in fact I may have been brain washed. I did not question what the police did to me or friends. It was a lost cause, I was wronged a few times where the court case was dismissed with what is called a "conditional discharge". In that case the LEO got on the stand and said it was mistaken identity (I had blond hair, other kid had Black hair and a gotee) and that he arrested the wrong person. No @#$%&. Now he lied and arrested me because getting the wrong guy only makes the accused point out the guy who really commited the crime, my friends did that for me and it makes his case stronger in court(cop admitted that to my parents). The problem is I still have that on my record today and answer to it alot still 25+ yrs later. Even had to go on the CHL permit app for TX. My mother recieved a ticket for obstruction of police duties while driving her car, the officer was on the way to an ememrgency call and my mother was unable to clearly get out of his way so he suddenly had time during an emergency call to stop and give her a ticket and he searched her car, she was 40+ at the time never had a ticket before that. She even recieved one for parking in a handicaped spot at a supermarket months later. In court the officer said he clearly saw all the markings(sign psoted and paint on ground). Mom produced a letter from store manager in court after cops testimony stating that the work order was for in for months to fix the missing sign and redo the paint, it was almost not visible normally especially with the snow on the ground the day of ticket. The cop lied on the stand stating he clearly looked at the sign and swept snow away to see the paint markings on the ground(????) and mom ended up not having to pay ticket, cop just drove on with lies and left the court room. My sister would get pulled over in my truck while the gas pump was hooked to the truck because they thought it was me. They would tell her that my truck was borderline illegal (big tires/tinted windows/missing mudflap/no covers on KC lights etc....and that they would be looking for me. They once peeled some of the tint off with a razor blade, turns out the officer was state inspection certified and the law allows him to do this, he only scraped enough to make it look like a blind guy put the tint on. That's Middletown Police for ya.

Can you just imagine if the law changed tomorrow allowing NJ residents to carry concealed or open. The LEO would not know what to do. Well the ones I know in Middletown would be checking everyone to the point some citizens would just not carry for the fear of harrasment and the bother of wrongful stops. I can say that any chance of going after the local depts as far as lawsuits would go absolutely no where. Not bashing all LEO, just the ones who stomp on the rights of all or some. NJ would find a way not to honor a national law allowing one permit holder to carry in any state. NJ powers that be would probalbly build a wall around the state with a sign saying NO WEAPONS. Not funny, they would. NY too.

I have no idea how to even begin to think on how NJ can be changed in a way that the 2A rights be restored to those who live there. Not only are most of the LE this way(anti gun) but I think a majority of those who live there think the same as they do, no guns. they are taught to think this way.

My father who still lives in NJ once said that "NJ is now a police state, it's about money and that rules, no way around it. Legal limit on DUI went from 1.0 to .08 simlpy because it will bring in more money to insurance surcharges and to the local departments, one beer with dinner will give them the .08 they are looking for."

Enough said.

Cremon

imported post

All these people talking about how bad NJ sucks reminds me of a scene from A Long Kiss Goodnight.

"Easy, sport. I got myself outta Beirut once, I think I can get outta New Jersey."

"Yeah? Well, don't be so sure. Others have tried and failed. The entire population, in fact."