• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This week approaching my grandaughter's wedding is flying by.

Started off at Walmart in Powhatan where I exchanged one shirt (2XL) for the correct size and picked up 2 more.

Next was Hardee's near Agee's Bicycle Shop on Midlothian for biscuits n gravy - two top halves please.

Swung by Casa de la Grape in Meadowdale to measure my front shutters for replacement. Had a nice conversation with the divorced husband of my neighbor. He approves of my carry style.

Then to Chesterfield Planning to clear up a problem. Done.

Had a great lunch at East Coast in Carytown - outstanding crab cake dinner and 1/2 of an adult beverage. Can't have the first without the second.

Went next door to Ciao, a consignment shoppe. Not cheap, not even reasonably priced IMO.

Finally to the Men's Wearhouse at 9101 W Broad St - they altered one of my blue blazers to fit better and hide my .40 cal mid size. A good tailor can do wonders.

Headed back to Powhatan, pleased with a full day of OCing. The smell of autumn is in the air.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Tried to score a free breakfast from Chick-fil-A but my GPS did not cooperate. It took me to an industrial area, so opted for Hardee's biscuits n gravy to fuel my morning.

Trecked over to Lowes on Sheila Dr where I bought new shutters for my abode and made the run to drop them off.

Drove out to Mechanicsville to The Peanut Store where I stocked up on my Spanish peanuts and unsalted pecans - sprinkle the latter on my granola. Got a single scoop of peach ice cream that was absolutely loaded with fruit and a huge, overflowing portion. This shop may be the last Planter's Peanut store in the area. Times isa changin'.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Short excursion today.

Began at Golden Corral on Providence Rd. for breakfast - truly did pig out with everything from bacon and eggs to peach Belgium waffle.

Then to my gastro doctor on Wadsworth Dr. Did not carry in there at all as did not want to jeopardize my treatment, but I did make a statement with an empty holster and mag case.

Finished up running my errands at Kroger (Midlothian & Chippenham) for fresh and frozen food stuffs + refueled the Ram.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Short form report. Went to McDonald's on Anderson Hwy in Powhatan for pancakes and bacon.

Was wearing my Safariland quick detach rig - very evident as it sits further away from my hip. Much stronger and puts less wear on my 1911 than the Serpa. It will become my daily carry holster.

May go by Walmart for granola later.

Granddaughter's rehersal and dinner is tonight - yes I will be OCing.

Tomorrow is the wedding - will discretely CC under my blazer

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Saturday I OCd my mid size .40 cal in dress leather holster at the wedding rehersal and dinner.

No one took umbrage.

When the minister gave a slightly puzzled look, I explained it was so that neither of the principals would back out. He laughed and went about his business.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Today (Sunday, Sept 30th) I started out the day with a hearty (3 plate) breakfast at Golden Corral on Prividence Rd.

The topped off the fuel tank at Krogers on Midlothian near Chippenham.

Next, got a haircut at the barbershop with no name opposite the Sprint store on Midlothian Trpk.

From there I headed straight to my son's home to dress out for the wedding. I will OC at that except for the ceremony when I will discretely CC.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Congratulation Father of the Groom. Don’t be late - - or early.
I am the grandfather of the bride. It is my son's daughter who is getting married.

All went extemely well thanks to my daughter-in-law's planning and personal input. About 250 guests,so it was no small event.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Back to Golden Corral on Providence Rd. This time did 4 full plates - you gotta try their Belgium waffle with fried appples, whipped cream, and syrup on top. Absolutely delicious.

Finished up the day and weekend at DoubleTap's mother's for the latter's birthday celebration.

Busy week - one funeral, two birthdays, and a wedding.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Was an early morning arrival at Bojangle's in Powhatan - had country ham biscuit and cinnamon twists with frosting added.

Now reading up on the Las Vegas shooting with a burning, seething anger.

Sorry to read that he was killed by police responding. Would have been better for him to live to be a hundred years old and to have suffered all the painful indignaties that the system could impose. Break both knees, elbows and shoulders, prop him up to pull an endless train, never passing out. No, I'm not sorry I said that.

The antis are sure to exploit this to the highest degree = guns are bad, ban guns. Dancing in the blood of the victims. I will show no patience with this.

Added: Apparently the gunman commited suicide -
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/02/las-vegas-gunman-suspect-is-stephen-paddock-64-of-mesquite.html

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Made afternoon run to McDonald's in Powhatan for my custom made (always fresh) fish sandwich - no cheese, extra tarter sauce.

Not a negative peep about my OCd .40 cal and extra mags.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Have never understood the week day opening time at Golden Corral on Providence Rd = 8:00 am. Opening this late means they miss almost all of the working folks.

I was there at 7:30, they let me in and brought me my drink. At three plate fulls, the last one was a virtual religious experience - Belgium waffle with fruit (peaches), whipped cream, and syrup. A climatic end to a pleasant beginning.

Went by Jim's Transmission at Murray Olds Ct, Midlothian, VA - the parts are in to modify the rear end in my Ram. Oh happy day.

Made a couple of other hit and run stops, ending up with Walmart in Powhatan where I completed my errands.

No problems OCing anywhere. Fall is definitely in the air.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a very busy day.

Leslie Caron's dancing partner would have had trouble keeping up.
67675ad31353bef9ace63c18a419c4ad.jpg

Started of a 5:30 am for Hardee's on Midlothian near Reasearch Rd for their delux biscuits n gravy.

Trucked out to the Social Security office at 13551 Waterford Pl. where I tried to resolve why I had not recieved/been credited with my Sept funds. Hope it is fixed.

Then over to DMV office in the same area to change reload information on my EZ-pass. Security officer's eyes flaired BIG time at the sight of my empty holster.

While I was in the area , I stopped at Ray's Upholstry to add a few things to the interior work planned for my Ram.

Stopped at McDonald's near Research Rd on Midlothian to get my favorite fish sandwich - no cheese, extra tarter sauce.

Motored on out to Town Police Equipment to buy a Blackhawk Serpa holster designed for a Glock but informed it would fit my mid size Star .40 cal. Wasn't so - just another internet myth.

Took a big hike to the Peanut Store (3605 Mechanicsville Trnk next to the old Blair Drug Store) where a grabbed a big bottle of peppermint ice cream and cake flavoring + consumed a huge butter brickle cone.

Then next door to the new International Market where I found several hard to find items.

Swung by Jim's Transmission Shop (Murry Olds Dr) and arranged for Trent to install EBC Sport brakes when he installs the posi.

Made a quick run to Randy's Detail Shop (across Midlothian from Jim's Trans) to confirm that he was coming to our Oct. OC dinner - he is.

Last stop before the barn was at Food Lion in Powhatan where I picked up a few essensuals.

Long (all 12 hours worth) but productive, fun day.

Last edited:

johnfenter

"Swung by Jim's Transmission Shop (Murry Olds Dr) and arranged for Trent to install EBC Sport brakes when he installs the posi."

Come on, man. Every Mopar guy knows that in a Dodge or Ram truck, the rear end got a "Sure-Grip". "Posi" is so GM....

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
https://www.yukongear.com/positractions.aspx

"Swung by Jim's Transmission Shop (Murry Olds Dr) and arranged for Trent to install EBC Sport brakes when he installs the posi."

Come on, man. Every Mopar guy knows that in a Dodge or Ram truck, the rear end got a "Sure-Grip". "Posi" is so GM....
Putting a Yukon rear in my RAM. The manufacturer calls it a positraction...:p
https://www.yukongear.com/positractions.aspx
hhttps://www.yukongear.com/positractions.aspxttps://www.yukongear.com/positractions.aspx

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Took a running start at the day - started by stopping to get gas at Kroger in Midlothian Village - gas was down to $2.23.

Then went by Jim's Transmissions to add to Trent's list of things to do to my Ram: replace master cylinder with larger unit for Ram 2500 or 3500, install stainless streel braided brake lines in front, flush brake system with alcohol and install DOT4 brake fluid.

Had a superb breakfast at Golden Corral on Providence. Ate 4 plates worth, the last 2 were Belgium waffles with all of the goodies. Got my first stink eye in years - lady who out weighed me 3 times over tried really hard to intimidate me and express her displeasure. Caused me to laugh out loud - thought her face was going to explode.

Off to Bank of America at 10900 Midlothian Trpk where I explained the problem/status with Social Security and direct deposit.

Went over to Best Buy at 1500 W. Kroger Center Blvd. where I bought 4 nice speakers for the sound system in my Ram.

Was a great day to OC in central Virginia.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Took a running start at the day - started by stopping to get gas at Kroger in Midlothian Village - gas was down to $2.23.

Then went by Jim's Transmissions to add to Trent's list of things to do to my Ram: replace master cylinder with larger unit for Ram 2500 or 3500, install stainless streel braided brake lines in front, flush brake system with alcohol and install DOT4 brake fluid.

Had a superb breakfast at Golden Corral on Providence. Ate 4 plates worth, the last 2 were Belgium waffles with all of the goodies. Got my first stink eye in years - lady who out weighed me 3 times over tried really hard to intimidate me and express her displeasure. Caused me to laugh out loud - thought her face was going to explode.

Off to Bank of America at 10900 Midlothian Trpk where I explained the problem/status with Social Security and direct deposit.

Went over to Best Buy at 1500 W. Kroger Center Blvd. where I bought 4 nice speakers for the sound system in my Ram.

Was a great day to OC in central Virginia.
Good stuff!