• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OCd at Captain D's on Jefferson Davis - the cook came out I said he'd missed me lately.

Then on to Kroger at Chippenham and Midlothian where DoubleTap heard the bagger point out to the cashier that man has a gun. Wasn't an issue though.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Short outing yesterday.

OCd at Jim's Transmissions and while getting gas for truck across from Hardee's on Jeff Davis. All quiet.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
you driving again now?
That I am - until my truck goes into the shop for further work. Actually will be having a new (to me) truck built from assemblies from 2 trucks.

Made various stops on Jefferson Davis Highway and on Rt.10 lookiing to find other listed embroidery shops. Then I stopped at Chesterfield PD and came away with a name and location = Stiches on Hull St. behind WaWa in Midlothian.

Yes I was OCing all of the time. One Chesterfield officer smiled and nodded his head. At Stiches had a nice conversation about being able to defend yourself. No children were harmed and I was not proned out, so I'd say it was a good day.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Back to the Hearing Aid Store on Patterson Ave. and to Car Pool on W. Broad St. near Targets. Then to Golden Corral on Providence Rd.

Actually got a discount at Car Pool and a free drink at GC. In spite of what Lee thinks, I find the fried ochra at GC is mighty tasty.

Last edited:

hlh1

Back to the Hearing Aid Store on Patterson Ave. and to Car Pool on W. Broad St. near Targets. Then to Golden Corral on Providence Rd.

Actually got a discount at Car Pool and a free drink at GC. In spite of what Lee thinks, I find the fried ochra at GC is mighty tasty.

Grape, I really don't think your taste buds work anymore... :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OCd for lunch at Burger King on Parham & Patterson Avenue.

No issues.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OCd at WalMart and the new Kroger on Rt. 60 in Powhatan.

Much interaction with employees due to new layout, location of merchandise at Kroger.

No problems either place. Was treated with the utmost curtesy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a late lunch at Golden Corral on Providence Rd. while OCing.

Exchanged a nod and thumbs up with an armed TCI officer. Saw a 2nd officer inside who walked past me like I was made of glass.

Brought my grandson some cotton candy which he loves.

Other than that was a quite lunch.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Today my grandson rode with me, so I had double reason to exercise my 2nd Amendment right by OCing.

First stop was at One Stop Auto Repair on Midlothian Tpke. to verify a price.

Went by to visit DoubleTap's mother. She always checks to make sure I am carrying.

Then stopped at a small quick stop on Patterson Ave. for lottery tickets.

At grandson's request we had an enjoyable late lunch at Golden Corral (his 1st visit ever) on Providence Rd. where a lady took notice of my purdy 1911 and grinned from ear to ear + gave me a thumbs up. We chatted a bit - gave her info on OCDO and VCDL with a carry card.

Lastly, we went to Dollar General in Powhatan where I bought my favorite grandson and unbirthday present. Guess what he wanted.......a gun set! He has his own Saiga .410 controlled by his father for now, but he knows that is not a toy. He is truly a natural with that long gun and a 9mm pistol.

Nice outing with nobody being trampled.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Stopped at the fire station on Hull St. to get directions to Southshore Point Dr. Was told I'd have to leave my OCd gun in my vehicle.
Side bar - if I had been CCing he would never have know.

I politely declined and asked when had Chesterfield FD become a gun free zone?

The nice fireman brought the map book out to me and went on to explain how they got some pretty unsavory characters in there.

I told him that was exactly why I carried.

solus

Stopped at the fire station on Hull St. to get directions to Southshore Point Dr. Was told I'd have to leave my OCd gun in my vehicle.
Side bar - if I had been CCing he would never have know.

I politely declined and asked when had Chesterfield FD become a gun free zone?

The nice fireman brought the map book out to me and went on to explain how they got some pretty unsavory characters in there.

I told him that was exactly why I carried.

mate, did you talk to the station chief, or assistant, about the issue?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Intend to go to the top at the Chesterfield government center. I have been in numerous fire stations over the years with no problems.

Had a late lunch at Waffle House in Meadowdale. Food was fixed right, but service was atrocious, so I tipped the cook.

I always enter by the front door - so I maintain that those yellow signs at the rear of the building are for employees and vendors. The rep from Southeastern Waffles concurs.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Intend to go to the top at the Chesterfield government center. I have been in numerous fire stations over the years with no problems.
--snipped--
This afternoon I met with a senior administrative member of the Chesterfield Fire Department. He was a little surprised that I had such a problem but didn't want to make an official statement yet. He is contacting the county attorney and I shoud have something more tangible within a few days. Stay tuned.