• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gulf shores visit

georg jetson

imported post

I'm gonna be spending a few days in Gulf shores this weekend and thought I'd checkout the Alabama OC threads... WOW!! Great group. It didn't take me long to get a summary of the issues you guys are up against. Posts are clear, and the content is usefull. Two questions...

1. If it is true that OC is legal only on your own property, then would a renter be SOL???

2. Is there a shooting range near the intersection of Hwy 59 and E Beach Blvd? I've got some of my girlfriend's yankee family members in town for summer vacation and thought a day of shooting would be just the thing...

eye95

imported post

georg jetson wrote:
I'm gonna be spending a few days in Gulf shores this weekend and thought I'd checkout the Alabama OC threads... WOW!! Great group. It didn't take me long to get a summary of the issues you guys are up against. Posts are clear, and the content is usefull. Two questions...

1. If it is true that OC is legal only on your own property, then would a renter be SOL???

2. Is there a shooting range near the intersection of Hwy 59 and E Beach Blvd? I've got some of my girlfriend's yankee family members in town for summer vacation and thought a day of shooting would be just the thing...
OC is legal almost everywhere. There are exceptions (most notably at demonstrations and in your car), and, of course, private property owners can trespass you for carrying.

Ignore the poster above me. He has been running around making juvenile posts like the one above. Not worth wasting any more time one.