• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun inequality: US study charts rise of hardcore super owners

Ezek

Are You a ‘Super Gun Owner?’ Here’s How to Tell, But Should You?
:banghead:
What is being touted as “the most definitive portrait of US gun ownership in two decades” is the backbone of a series of stories in recent days by The Guardian and The Trace, and now is a good time to ask why there is such attention to firearms and people who own them.

http://libertyparkpress.com/are-you-a-super-gun-owner-heres-how-to-tell-but-should-you/

I do not own guns.. I own boomsticks..

Va_Nemo

this getting olde isn't what 'they' promised in the government propaganda brochures when we were younger paying our hefty w/h $$$$ out of our paychecks, is it?

ipse

Or what the AARP tv ads were saying about 50 is the new 40 and 60 is 30 and all that garbage. Old is a PITA but I have to admit-- its better than the alternative.

Nemo

utbagpiper

Banned
Between eight and one hundred and forty is a large spread.

Amen.

Let's see, 1 self-defense shot gun, 1 hunting shot gun, 1 rifle for elk and deer, 1 .22 for plinking, 1 self-defense rifle (AR/AK style), 1 EDC handgun, 1 BUG for daily carry, 1 gun with sentimental value (grandaddy's gun) or just fun to shoot/own; that is 8 guns right there. Seems like close to the bear minimum to me, and that is just for one person.

If a fellow has kids getting to the age of ownership he might well own a few just for his kids. 140, OTOH, would start to be about the kind of collection of I wish I could afford. :)

Charles

TXOC16

Seems like close to the bear minimum to me...

Fortunately for us humans, given the typical bear's lack of humanity, citizenship status, and opposable thumbs, not to mention their already amazing strength advantage, bears have something less of a bare minimum with regard to firearm ownership.

For me, I'm well within the proud 3%, and ever-endeavoring to move up a percentage or two. But, then, I'm not a bear...