• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Rally

gutshot II

What a great rally!! Everybody involved is to be congratulated. The speakers were great. The legislators that spoke said just what we wanted to hear. "There will be no anti-gun bills this year and that includes "Red Flag" laws." That is straight from Damon Thyer, Majority Floor Leader of the Senate. All bills that reach the floor of the Senate for a vote must first pass over his desk. Now, all of those bills are dead, dead, dead. Great job by Kentucky United and the people of the Commonwealth of Ky.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
What a great rally!! Everybody involved is to be congratulated. The speakers were great. The legislators that spoke said just what we wanted to hear. "There will be no anti-gun bills this year and that includes "Red Flag" laws." That is straight from Damon Thyer, Majority Floor Leader of the Senate. All bills that reach the floor of the Senate for a vote must first pass over his desk. Now, all of those bills are dead, dead, dead. Great job by Kentucky United and the people of the Commonwealth of Ky.
Great, but what Gun Rally?

Ghost1958

Great, but what Gun Rally?

Wondered that myself. Granted I'm a bit preoccupied right now and was dealing with carter county becoming a 2a sanctuary.
But I'd heard nothing about a rally.

Must have been one of the KC3 covert ones lol.

Which begs another question. Where do KC3 reps come off telling gun owners coming to that fiscal court meeting in Carter to come unarmed to a meeting over gun rights.

gutshot II

You guys got to keep up. Gun rights rally at the Capitol. KC3 had nothing to do with it, other than being spectators. Several State Legislators walking around in the crowd, shaking hands. Lots of camaraderie. They were all republicans; the democrat all chose to use the underground tunnel to avoid us. Had a long conversation with Damon Thayer, actually ran into him getting out of my car in the parking lot and we walked over to the Capitol together, got a hug from Savannah Maddox, long talk with Senator from Pike Co. about our lawsuit against Pikeville and many others. Laughs and giggles all day long. It was just like a family reunion, oh it was such great fun. Oh wait, aren't you guys Facebook deniers? Too bad, you miss so much interaction with other humans.

KC3 has never told anybody to not carry a gun anywhere. I don't even know anybody in Carter Co. to talk to. Is there anything that you can keep straight? You are so gullible that you will believe anything.

This evening, I went to Fiscal Court meeting and had a long talk with County Judge, magistrate and Sheriff. They are voting on sanctuary county Feb 4. I haven't seen the document, yet. There is so much happening in Ky on the gun rights front right now.

Gee, sorry you guys missed it. It was a fun day.

Savannah Maddox, Damon Thayer, and Mark Hart all of Scott Co.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/60p3pj181ysw2kd/Rally w-AR15.pdf?dl=0

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
You guys got to keep up. Gun rights rally at the Capitol. KC3 had nothing to do with it, other than being spectators. Several State Legislators walking around in the crowd, shaking hands. Lots of camaraderie. They were all republicans; the democrat all chose to use the underground tunnel to avoid us. Had a long conversation with Damon Thayer, actually ran into him getting out of my car in the parking lot and we walked over to the Capitol together, got a hug from Savannah Maddox, long talk with Senator from Pike Co. about our lawsuit against Pikeville and many others. Laughs and giggles all day long. It was just like a family reunion, oh it was such great fun. Oh wait, aren't you guys Facebook deniers? Too bad, you miss so much interaction with other humans.

KC3 has never told anybody to not carry a gun anywhere. I don't even know anybody in Carter Co. to talk to. Is there anything that you can keep straight? You are so gullible that you will believe anything.

This evening, I went to Fiscal Court meeting and had a long talk with County Judge, magistrate and Sheriff. They are voting on sanctuary county Feb 4. I haven't seen the document, yet. There is so much happening in Ky on the gun rights front right now.

So, if everything is happening on Facebook and that is where the gun world now revolves then why are you waisting your time posting anything on OCDO?

Ghost1958

Savannah Maddox, Damon Thayer, and Mark Hart all of Scott Co.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/60p3pj181ysw2kd/Rally w-AR15.pdf?dl=0

Yeah some body from KC3 did. The guys that were told that by a KC3 rep work with my son , so tread lightly on who you call a liar.
My son wouldn't have known diddly about it had his co workers not told him.

Just be advised it occured and deal with it . I dont expect you to admit it if you knew.

gutshot II

Let me careful so as not to offend anyone. If your son told you that a bone fide representative of KC3 told him he could not carry at the rally in Frankfort today, your son is either mistaken about the person he was talking to or he is lying.

Ghost1958

Let me careful so as not to offend anyone. If your son told you that a bone fide representative of KC3 told him he could not carry at the rally in Frankfort today, your son is either mistaken about the person he was talking to or he is lying.

Stop dancing. You know full well from my previous post I'm not talking about the rally in Frankfort but the 2A sanctuary fiscal court meeting in Carter County. Proven by your reply "I wouldn't even know who to talk too in Carter county".

As I said and proven by your avoiding the subject , I don't know if you knew , or expect you would admit to it if you did.
Now , you know. KC3,or some of their members ,advised gun owners here in this county not to attended the fiscal court meeting on 2A sanctuary, armed but to be professional. Professional what I have no idea.
I dont doubt this one because of the source, and 2 I was advised as I was heading into the court house I better not OC my gun in there. Which I ignored btw.

As I said, now you a honcho in KC3 know if you didnt before. The person or persons had no business doing that as KC3 had nothing to do with the effort here.

gutshot II

OK lets see if this makes you happy. Let me be careful so as not to offend anyone. If your son told you that a bone fide representative of KC3 told him he could not carry at any Fiscal Court Meeting in Carter County, your son is either mistaken about the person he was talking to or he is lying.

solus

let's delve back to the thread's OP...

what gun rally and if only promoted on FB...why brag about how great it was here ?

newspeek media say "Kentucky United" was involved yet there is nothing on ethernet about this enity?

100+ souls eh...

gutshot II

Stop dancing. You know full well from my previous post I'm not talking about the rally in Frankfort but the 2A sanctuary fiscal court meeting in Carter County. Proven by your reply "I wouldn't even know who to talk too in Carter county".

As I said and proven by your avoiding the subject , I don't know if you knew , or expect you would admit to it if you did.
Now , you know. KC3,or some of their members ,advised gun owners here in this county not to attended the fiscal court meeting on 2A sanctuary, armed but to be professional. Professional what I have no idea.
I dont doubt this one because of the source, and 2 I was advised as I was heading into the court house I better not OC my gun in there. Which I ignored btw.

As I said, now you a honcho in KC3 know if you didnt before. The person or persons had no business doing that as KC3 had nothing to do with the effort here.

Well, I see that we are now down to KC3 MEMBERS whereas before it was KC3 REPS. Just because a person has a KC3 membership card in his pocket does not mean he knows everything about Ky. gun laws. I know that is difficult to believe after reading my post on OCDO, but sadly, it is true. And it certainly doesn't mean that he speaks for the organization. Only the Board of Directors does that. I also notice we are now down to third hand information, as opposed to first hand originally. Very reliable. I am just glad that we still have members in such far distant places as Carter Co. I do not assume any responsibility for their knowledge or lack of same. They send in their application, they get a membership card, not a written examination. Why have you not educated your son any better about Ky. gun laws? Shame, shame, shame. I guarantee you that all of my offspring know where they can carry a gun and where they can't and would not be put off by any would-be expert from Carter Co.

Ghost1958

Well, I see that we are now down to KC3 MEMBERS whereas before it was KC3 REPS. Just because a person has a KC3 membership card in his pocket does not mean he knows everything about Ky. gun laws. I know that is difficult to believe after reading my post on OCDO, but sadly, it is true. And it certainly doesn't mean that he speaks for the organization. Only the Board of Directors does that. I also notice we are now down to third hand information, as opposed to first hand originally. Very reliable. I am just glad that we still have members in such far distant places as Carter Co. I do not assume any responsibility for their knowledge or lack of same. They send in their application, they get a membership card, not a written examination. Why have you not educated your son any better about Ky. gun laws? Shame, shame, shame. I guarantee you that all of my offspring know where they can carry a gun and where they can't and would not be put off by any would-be expert from Carter Co.

Do you ever actually read a post? Or just make up what suits you?

If you like it or not a member is a representative of your organization , same as the members of mine were.

My son knows where he can carry , and in which states as he travels.

He didnt know about the 2A meeting at fiscal court being moved to when it was until one of your guys that he works with was telling him not to come armed to the meeting.
The KC3 rep. got the same response from my son as the one at the meeting who told me I couldn't OC into the meeting. A polite go pound sand.

But now I understand why a wanna be KC3 expert didnt know what he was talking about or that he didnt have any business trying to oversee how folks were armed coming to the meeting. How? By observing that you. one of the big kahunas in KC3 , cant understand a simple internet post.

This is , as usual with you. getting no where. Kc3 , if it actually wants to do something, can address an actual issue. Like justice centers claiming the entire building as gun free, even to OC which they have no constitutional authority over. except just the actual courtroom as required by statute.