• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hands down, the best new report I've seen to date.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jmlefler wrote:
This is so astounding and at such odds with typical media coverage that I half believe it's fake...
A quick search of WCPO Channel 9 Cincinnati's video archives assures me of its validity. Sure would like to see more like it. I really like Blue Ash Police Chief Chris Wallace paraphrasing "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Man, I can't believe the police are finally understanding that these "gun free" zones are the places that people need guns the most! If only the politicians would understand...

darthmord

imported post

Legit article on the news website. I'm amazed that a media outlet actually state it so plainly that 'gun free zones' are target rich environments that spree killers like to take advantage of.

Maybe there is hope for the media yet. :what:

foxcall

imported post

"I have just received word that the sky actually *is* blue".......

it's great that someone finally gets it and is actually reporting it, but do they really have to dumb it down that much? "Collected enough statistical evidence" - give me a break

sorry for being such a grouch, it's one of those days :cry:

Legba

imported post

Yeah, I live here (there?) and I suspect they ran the story with that "angle" just to generate controversy. I'd be surprised if they actually believed half the things they say. Still, a blind squirrel finds and acorn once in a while.

-ljp

KSDeputy

imported post

You are correct, that was a great news story! Were you in Kansas in 1993, when there was a murder and bombings at the Federal Courthouse?

Dustin

imported post

RockOn.gif

SpringerXDacp

imported post

22-250 wrote:
Ok whats with the guy shooting sideways like some punk in a movie? just saying..
It would allow him possible shots at an assailant on the other side of the wall/door with minimal amount of exposure, as opposed to using a weaver or isosceles stance IMO.

Jack House

simmonsjoe

imported post

Jack House wrote:
22-250 wrote:
Ok whats with the guy shooting sideways like some punk in a movie? just saying..
I think you mean like this, yes? http://@#$%wehate.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/thug_sideways_pistol_aim.jpg

Perhaps it's so that when there are two shooters next to each other and you shoot the guy on the right the recoil guides the gun to the shooter on the left making it quicker to shoot two guys?
Nope. It's called slicing the pie. With moving and some one-handed grips you will hold your gun at angles. This is especially true if you are looking around doorframes/corners. You can drastically reduce your profile to your target. Obviously it is good tactics to leave as much of your body behind cover/concealment as possible.