• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harrassed by 4 sheriffs in STARBUCKS!

kwiebe

I would like to know what felon, knowing he can't legally own a gun, is going to parade one around in a holster in public?!? That SO doesn't even make sense saying that. Felons HIDE their guns, precisely because they DON'T want them seen! I believe the guy just doesn't like to see citizens carrying guns and made up some lame excuse to harrass Tom.

This is what scares me the most about LEO's that demonstrate this attitude, because it also demonstrates a lack of critical thinking ability. Cops should have *superior* critical thinking skills.

This is on par with the people who think areas posted with "Gun-Free Zone" signs are somehow "safer." Sheesh.

kwikrnu

Banned
This is what scares me the most about LEO's that demonstrate this attitude, because it also demonstrates a lack of critical thinking ability. Cops should have *superior* critical thinking skills.

This is on par with the people who think areas posted with "Gun-Free Zone" signs are somehow "safer." Sheesh.

Gun free zones are more safe and if cops were paid more their critical thinking skills would improve.

Whitney

"Free" Zones

I have been working in Everett all week this week and saw a sign the said "Drug Free Zone" and wondered the same thing. It was apparent to me safer must be meant as a "relative" term.

Perhaps it is only relative to what you are used to.

-Whitney

thomasdrs72

When people ask "why do you carry a gun?" I remind them that I live in an area with a drug problem (America) and there are two Registered Sex Offenders "Whereabouts Unknown--suspected to live in my apartment complex"...

xxx.jakk.xxx

When people ask "why do you carry a gun?" I remind them that I live in an area with a drug problem (America) and there are two Registered Sex Offenders "Whereabouts Unknown--suspected to live in my apartment complex"...

I say "For self defense" and then people start laughing like I pulled an answer out of my rear to just have an excuse to carry a big scary gun...

Aaron1124

I say "For self defense" and then people start laughing like I pulled an answer out of my rear to just have an excuse to carry a big scary gun...

I've gotten that answer before as well. One guy asked me that in Safeway. I simply said "for self defense" and kept walking. I then heard him telling his wife "He's just carrying it like that to show off."

amlevin

I've gotten that answer before as well. One guy asked me that in Safeway. I simply said "for self defense" and kept walking. I then heard him telling his wife "He's just carrying it like that to show off."

Last time I was asked I ignored the question and kept talking to my wife. It was obvious that the person questioning was just looking to start an argument.

sudden valley gunner

For me it depends on how the question is asked, many times I simply say because it is my right to do so. Not said sarcastically or arrogantly and has lead to some great conversations about the other benefits of carrying.

joeroket

I have been working in Everett all week this week and saw a sign the said "Drug Free Zone" and wondered the same thing. It was apparent to me safer must be meant as a "relative" term.

Perhaps it is only relative to what you are used to.

-Whitney

The signs posted on the streets that say drug free zone are for enforcement purposes of people under a SODA order.

Dain Bramage

Not being a personable chap, I need to get some of those OC pamphlets everyone seems to hand out. Nothing stamps the bearer with personal plutonium like a good pamphlet. "No really, take one". Hence the popularity of Hare Krishnas at parties.

Phssthpok

The audio link on the first page downloads a file with (zero) data in it. I tried going directly to NWCDL's download page and it appears to be defunct...nothing shows on the page.:eek:

Whitney

Tomas