• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harrassed by 4 sheriffs in STARBUCKS!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
jarhead and I had a conversation in PM when he first appeared on the forum, about working in Washington Department of Corrections as I did many years ago and from what I understand he does yet today.

No argument or disagreement expressed in either direction and yet digging up something that is not relevant at this point in time.
Unless it is related to the calling out of triehl27 telling us a BS story.

I do feel the topic needs to return to the discussion of Harassed by 4 sheriffs in STARBUCKS.

Last edited:

hermannr

"Das Ich" does cloud some individual's rationality at times, does it not.

Reminds me of a Mount Vernon LEO years ago, that cost him his job, and cost the town a lot of money...just because of "Das Ich"...ya sure,

Deanimator

You have the right to remain silent. USE it.

If you're being detained, even when they LIE and say you aren't, verbally ID yourself, invoke your right to counsel, and SHUT UP.

Save the "banter" for "Law & Order". If you refuse to speak without benefit of counsel, it's fish or cut bait time for the cops. Let THEM make decisions which could possibly change THEIR lives.

When your rights are abused, frustrate them with silence, then go for the jugular in EVERY way you can, administratively, legally and politically.

Let them be "big men" (with big mouths) on the street. You be the big man in civil court. None of that requires you to say ANYTHING beyond, "I have nothing further to say without benefit of counsel." If they don't like that and it causes them to act out, if they don't care if they can feed their kids, I sure don't.

amlevin

I'll bet jarhead1055 is probably female. Men usually can't remember what their wives said yesterday. Women remember and bring up the crap that the guy said 6 months ago. And usually what time of day it was, and what incident caused the offending statement! :lol:

You are right about women't memory. Especially if what was said was even slightly negative. On the other hand they have a hard time remembering compliments. How many times do guys hear "You never say anything nice about me" (etc. etc.)?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I'll bet jarhead1055 is probably female. Men usually can't remember what their wives said yesterday. Women remember and bring up the crap that the guy said 6 months ago. And usually what time of day it was, and what incident caused the offending statement! :lol:

NavyLT, I will the same to you as I said to jarhead, growup. There is no reason to continue to try an insult anyone. Jarhead was out of place and so are you. And now so am I....

tombrewster421

Update!

Well, I met with Drew and a sheriff today.
No recorders neccesary. Lt. Minturn has been with the SD for over 40 years and seems very level-headed and concerned about the way the officers handle situations like this. He said that he was old school and it really showed when he complained about having to wear a jumpsuit rather than a more traditional uniform. He seems to be an older wiser gentleman and I just hope that his subordinates are willing to learn from him and get the right attitude. He said it would be a couple of weeks before he gets all of his paperwork finished and submitted to his superiors and then it will be turned into a training bulletin. I informed him that the training should focus on the fourth amendment and when to drop the issue if someone stands for thier rights. After all, it's not going to accomplish anything but wasting the taxpayers money when all of their evidence gets thrown out because of unlawful searches.

jt59

Well, I met with Drew and a sheriff today.
No recorders neccesary. Lt. Minturn has been with the SD for over 40 years and seems very level-headed and concerned about the way the officers handle situations like this. He said that he was old school and it really showed when he complained about having to wear a jumpsuit rather than a more traditional uniform. He seems to be an older wiser gentleman and I just hope that his subordinates are willing to learn from him and get the right attitude. He said it would be a couple of weeks before he gets all of his paperwork finished and submitted to his superiors and then it will be turned into a training bulletin. I informed him that the training should focus on the fourth amendment and when to drop the issue if someone stands for thier rights. After all, it's not going to accomplish anything but wasting the taxpayers money when all of their evidence gets thrown out because of unlawful searches.

Good follow through.....I wonder if Shrammy would be willing to pick this up as the back end of the story as TPCSD acknowledges the training issue and your rights as offended.

amlevin

Good follow through.....I wonder if Shrammy would be willing to pick this up as the back end of the story as TPCSD acknowledges the training issue and your rights as offended.

If Ken Schramm does anything, being the

horse-s-ass-thumb2483689.jpg
he is, he'll probably try and make Tom look like the one that is going about it wrong.

I'd rather see it on the evening news, presented by someone that doesn't think all gun owners are a bunch of "Wyatt Earps".

tombrewster421

The sheriff said it took so long to find us because the letters that Drew sent were lost on their lawyers desk and he was unable to find anything on me because I basically don't exist on paper. I must be a big troublemaker.(sarcasm) ;) he finally did find Drews letters and was able to contact him to set up the meeting.

amlevin

The sheriff said it took so long to find us because the letters that Drew sent were lost on their lawyers desk and he was unable to find anything on me because I basically don't exist on paper. I must be a big troublemaker.(sarcasm) ;) he finally did find Drews letters and was able to contact him to set up the meeting.

I'll bet that those attorneys billed for "review" of all the lost letters too. Our tax dollars at work.

Look at the City of Everett's legal bills. Every phone call from a news reporter on the Troy Meade case was referred to an attorney who charged the City just to answer the call. Ditto for every fax received and letter read.

The Pierce County Sheriff's office has apparently raised the practice to a new level. Loosing the letters first.

As for you're not existing on paper, apparently that was the last thing they wanted. Especially the "News Papers".