• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anyone dealt with the gunsmiths at Shooters Supply in Paducah, Kentucky?

Chief Ten Beers

Well over a year ago I took my Broomhandle to Shooters Supply to get it working. I haven't heard from them, except for the few times that I've called them. Has anyone here had any experience with the gunsmiths at Shooters Supply? :cuss:

Chief Ten Beers

Shooters Supply really isn't a big box store, it's a family owned gun store in Paducah, Kentucky.

I have a Broomhandle Mauser there that needs a few parts, such as a firing pin, an ejector, and a magazine spring.

KRM59

Gunsmithing

Ten Beers, If things don't work out for you take it to TG&G Gun range here in Louisville. Ask for Tim Crawford he runs the Gun repair, He is well versed in the Gun in question. I know it's a ways to go but they are top notch Gunsmiths. He is also my neighbor and good friend, might get a break on the work if you mention this forum and me.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

It could very well be that just finding the parts could be a real PITA and takes up a lot of time that he most likely not get paid for.

Let alone charging for the repair time all of that could easy be worth more then the firearm itself depending on the worth of the gun.

What do they say when you ask them.

If they are not clear I would get my gun back fix it myself or find someone else.

Last edited:

Chief Ten Beers

Ten Beers, If things don't work out for you take it to TG&G Gun range here in Louisville. Ask for Tim Crawford he runs the Gun repair, He is well versed in the Gun in question. I know it's a ways to go but they are top notch Gunsmiths. He is also my neighbor and good friend, might get a break on the work if you mention this forum and me.

Thanks KRM59, I'll make note of it and keep TG&G in mind. :)

Chief Ten Beers

It could very well be that just finding the parts could be a real PITA and takes up a lot of time that he most likely not get paid for.

Let alone charging for the repair time all of that could easy be worth more then the firearm itself depending on the worth of the gun.

What do they say when you ask them.

If they are not clear I would get my gun back fix it myself or find someone else.

That's what they keep telling me. The gun has mismatched numbers anyway, and that won't help none. The next time I go up there I'm going to pick it up and try somewhere else.

Chief Ten Beers

If the parts are mismatched and the gun is not particularly pretty, then you could probably round up the parts yourself and change them. I have never been privileged to disassemble a C96 but Lugers are quite simple. No one cares as much for your gun as you do, what is that worth?

It really has no great value because of the mismatched numbers. The wooden holster/shoulder stock is worth more than the gun itself. But I do want to get it to shooting again.