• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hassled in Guitar Center

Kivuli

imported post

I went to get a capo for my guitar today at the Greensboro Guitar Center and shortly after starting to look for them I was approached by the assistant manager who asked to see a badge or permit. I informed him that I didn't need either and he told me that I wasn't allowed to carry in the store. I asked him if that was store policy and he replied that it was. I requested either the actual manager or contact information for the same and he gave me his manager's name and the corporate number for Guitar Center.

There were no signs posted at the entrance and I have been trying to find on the Guitar Center website their policy regarding firearms. So far no luck. I intend to send a message to both the store manager and the corporate customer service center about it.

EDIT: Message sent was as follows-

To whom it may concern,

Today, July the 5th, I entered your Greensboro, NC store seeking to make a purchase. As I always do, I was carrying a handgun in a holster for my personal protection. A short while after entering the store I was approached by the assistant manager of the store and asked for either a badge or permit, neither of which is required in the state of NC to lawfully carry a handgun. I do have a valid NC concealed carry permit so I informed him of that fact. He then told me I was not allowed to carry in the store. I did not notice any notices or signs posted upon the entrance or premises disbarring such, so I asked him whether this was a store policy. He replied that it was. I then asked him for contact information for the general manager of his location, bid him a good day, and left the store.

I have been searching for a copy of your corporate policy regarding firearms but have not been able to find one on your website. As I mentioned, I found no notice upon the premises forbidding the lawful carry of firearms within. If it is not within Guitar Center's policy, I would ask that a notice be sent to this store informing it that it has overstepped its bounds. I do not wish to cease patronage of your stores, but I cannot in good conscience support a company that denies me the basic human right of self-defense.

pure_logic

imported post

Why in hell would you need to carry a gun into Guitar Center? What kind of company do you keep that you need a firearm by your side to protect you?

This is simply moronic. You ARE required to have a permit to openly carry in NC, and I'm certain that you're the type of person who expects your rights to be respected.

Then why wouldn't you respect Guitar's Center to refuse service to anyone FOR ANY REASON.

Especially some scared-to-death jerk introducing a dangerous weapon into their store. They have a commitment to provide a safe environment for their customers. If you insist on carrying a weapon around in places where you're in very little risk of physical harm, then expect normal, sane people to ostracize you.

That big metal penis you carry on your side to compensate for your lack of a real one does not entitle you, sir.

I'm not against people having firearms to protect themselves, but I am against morons having them. Displaying it on your side is nothing but masochism and passive-bullying perpetrated by weak and small minded people.

Pathetic, at the least.

Custodian

imported post

pure_logic wrote:
Why in hell would you need to carry a gun into Guitar Center? What kind of company do you keep that you need a firearm by your side to protect you?

This is simply moronic. You ARE required to have a permit to openly carry in NC, and I'm certain that you're the type of person who expects your rights to be respected.

Then why wouldn't you respect Guitar's Center to refuse service to anyone FOR ANY REASON.

Especially some scared-to-death jerk introducing a dangerous weapon into their store. They have a commitment to provide a safe environment for their customers. If you insist on carrying a weapon around in places where you're in very little risk of physical harm, then expect normal, sane people to ostracize you.

That big metal penis you carry on your side to compensate for your lack of a real one does not entitle you, sir.

I'm not against people having firearms to protect themselves, but I am against morons having them. Displaying it on your side is nothing but masochism and passive-bullying perpetrated by weak and small minded people.

Pathetic, at the least.
I know I am not alone troll when I say that this site & its sage-like moderators and researchers will not tolerate Anti-OC sentiment & resorting to inflammatory statements and words, like the ones you used. Also, your sheer ignorance of the rights of U.S. Citizens, federal and state laws is staggering. (Its obvious you fell asleep in Civics, U.S. Government & Law or something like that either that or you went to a pro big government school, its a toss up to figure out which. And since you really not that interesting, I'm not going to waste that much time on it, pure_logic {as if logic was pure, bah!})

There is NO permit for Open Carry in the state of North Carolina and there is no law against it, period (only restrictions on the size of the firearm & this is a clumsy grasp at straws by liberal havens like Chapel Hill & Cary). Rights (that which is given by God to you d/b/a Liberty/Freedom) do not require permits (unless you live in a liberal haven, police state: New York, New Jersey, California, & Illinois, are the usual suspects).

Why don't you go actually learn the LAW before you shoot off your mouth, TROLL?

(here's the website, start lookin', have-at-it) http://www.ncleg.net/

Every person has a right to self-defense and the tools that administer force multiplication. Or do you believe that one-man armies actually exist like in the movies?! Life is not a Seagal film. You carry 9 weapons with you at all times (head, 2 arms, 2 elbows, 2 knees and 2 legs) but no one screams about that.

But maybe YOU don't need a weapon, just keep your mobile phone handy & if something happens, I hope 911 actually picks up, which I know for a fact they don't always do. The police's job is not to protect you at any time, so I guess your just out of luck.

The people who carry firearms are not scared-to-death, they actually embrace all life has to offer & don't want it to end abruptly & unfilfilled on some murderering monster's term. We all should have the right to die at old age but we don't. Some of us are actively trying to make it there & it's obvious you are not one of them. Begone, and give my negative message to Sarah Brady & her drones. "I just bought a 30 round magazine."

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Yikes! Ok, first of all, thanks for the laugh pure_logic :D. I can't take a thing that you say seriously when you start your rant with completely off the wall, incorrect facts. lol I'm STILL laughing at your post :D:D.

Godscreation wrote:
Leave the troll alone guys, if we ignore him, he'll go away. Remember, There are only two people who speak for OCDO. Check new rules and regulations section of the site.
Hey GC? No one claimed they were speaking for our group. Calm down buddy.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Kivuli wrote:
I went to get a capo for my guitar today at the Greensboro Guitar Center and shortly after starting to look for them I was approached by the assistant manager who asked to see a badge or permit. I informed him that I didn't need either and he told me that I wasn't allowed to carry in the store. I asked him if that was store policy and he replied that it was. I requested either the actual manager or contact information for the same and he gave me his manager's name and the corporate number for Guitar Center.

There were no signs posted at the entrance and I have been trying to find on the Guitar Center website their policy regarding firearms. So far no luck. I intend to send a message to both the store manager and the corporate customer service center about it.

EDIT: Message sent was as follows-

To whom it may concern,

Today, July the 5th, I entered your Greensboro, NC store seeking to make a purchase. As I always do, I was carrying a handgun in a holster for my personal protection. A short while after entering the store I was approached by the assistant manager of the store and asked for either a badge or permit, neither of which is required in the state of NC to lawfully carry a handgun. I do have a valid NC concealed carry permit so I informed him of that fact. He then told me I was not allowed to carry in the store. I did not notice any notices or signs posted upon the entrance or premises disbarring such, so I asked him whether this was a store policy. He replied that it was. I then asked him for contact information for the general manager of his location, bid him a good day, and left the store.

I have been searching for a copy of your corporate policy regarding firearms but have not been able to find one on your website. As I mentioned, I found no notice upon the premises forbidding the lawful carry of firearms within. If it is not within Guitar Center's policy, I would ask that a notice be sent to this store informing it that it has overstepped its bounds. I do not wish to cease patronage of your stores, but I cannot in good conscience support a company that denies me the basic human right of self-defense.
Always try to NOT suggest they post in any way - don;t even mention signs - if you mention them, they will come.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Godscreation wrote:
Dreqo, those were the words of John and mike. Anyway, that's that. Is pure_logic, for real? was that a joke post? I can't tell tone very well online.
Wait wait, you mean what YOU just said was the words of John and Mike? So essentially YOU were speaking FOR them...:?:plol. Anyway I'm sure PL was very serious, very ignorant, and very cowardly. I find it rather humorous that someone would take so much time to join a forum and make a post like that then leave lol. See, now you've got me laughing at him again! :D

Carolina40

imported post

pure_logic, thanks for your input. I will print out your section and put it on the bottom of my bird cage where it belongs. :lol:

Hef

imported post

pure_logic wrote:

Pathetic, at the least.

Dammit, who left the door open again? Get the flyswatter, there's a troll in the house!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Kivuli

imported post

Meh on him. I suspect, now that we've been called a movement and are getting more and more press coverage, that we'll see an upswing in foaming-at-the-mouth anti-gun people signing up to troll our forums.

To the original point of the post, I still have not recieved anything in the nature of a response to either sending. So to heck with them. Moore Music sells cheaper anyway.