• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi Chief Moers, it's me again.

The Big Guy

I couldn't find the old thread on this and got tired of looking.

Last summer I "registered" my new Ruger LCR by sending a certified letter and copy of the reciept to the Henderson Chief of Police per HMC 8-98-030 which clearly states that I must register with him, with no mention of the county.

I just took possession of a new 1911 so being the law abiding citizen of the incorporated City of Henderson that I am, I just mailed off another registered letter to the Chief. Same letter (new date) and a copy the receipt. I assume they
will ignore it like the last one.

Yes, that is correct, I did not register under "blue card", and will not as there is no requirement to do so.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Good! I'd be right there with you if I was a Henderson resident. By ignoring your letters, it seems the chief is not a pro-citizen guy, eh? Time for a complaint to the his oversight, the city council and mayor? He is violating the law, while ignoring a sincere resident's lawful request to follow the law.

The Big Guy

Good! I'd be right there with you if I was a Henderson resident. By ignoring your letters, it seems the chief is not a pro-citizen guy, eh? Time for a complaint to the his oversight, the city council and mayor? He is violating the law, while ignoring a sincere resident's lawful request to follow the law.

One of the other things they do is require people to bring in their handguns in a bag, box or case for registration with the county. Of course that is a felony.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
One of the other things they do is require people to bring in their handguns in a bag, box or case for registration with the county. Of course that is a felony.

TBG
They are inconsistent with this process. I've even been yelled at for having it in a bag; though that was many years ago at a substation that no longer exists and by a civilian employee who was feeling her oats. There are about three hours worth of instructions written on the doors these days, from what I hear, and they prefer the guns to be carried without a bag.

garand_guy

I walked in downtown with the gate open, my fingers through the opening. No issues. But yeah, what a stupid system. I hope pre-emption goes through and kicks butt this year.

The Big Guy

Just received a call from a woman at the Henderson Police Department advising me that I must put the firearm in a box or bag and bring it to the police station to register it.
I told her that she had just instructed me to commit a felony in that for me to carry the firearm in a box or bag without a CCW is a felony under NV state law. I went on to tell her that as a citizen of the incorporated City of Henderson, I am not required to register with the county, but under Henderson city code 8.98.030 I am required to register with the Chief of Police. I have complied with my notification to the chief with a registered letter and a copy of the receipt.

She seemed miffed that I would actually challenge her. Imagine that.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Just received a call from a woman at the Henderson Police Department advising me that I must put the firearm in a box or bag and bring it to the police station to register it.
I told her that she had just instructed me to commit a felony in that for me to carry the firearm in a box or bag without a CCW is a felony under NV state law. I went on to tell her that as a citizen of the incorporated City of Henderson, I am not required to register with the county, but under Henderson city code 8.98.030 I am required to register with the Chief of Police. I have complied with my notification to the chief with a registered letter and a copy of the receipt.

She seemed miffed that I would actually challenge her. Imagine that.

TBG

What, you want to obey the law? Rebel!

ed2276

And I forgot to mention that she hung up on me.

TBG

Ah yes. Another shining example of the kind of customer service one can expect from your public servants. How dare you decline to follow her advice? After all, you'd only have to pay a $10,000 fine, and spend 1-5 years of your life caged in the state pen. She's really doing you a favor: in the long-run you'd be a convicted felon and wouldn't have to worry about where and how to register a firearm in the future. You ungrateful Big Guy, you!